Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '08 r6 and I'm uninstalling 2" vortex lowering links and returning the bike to stock height. I already bought stock links, and took out the vortex lowering links.

Are the stock links supposed to be shorter than the 2" lowering vortex links? Because I can't get it to line up within the two holes (see pics). Please help, i so stupid :confused::confused:

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
if youre sure you have the correct links... tilt the bike up onto the kickstand and let the swing arm drop to its max. I would insert the bolt from the kickstand side as it makes it much easier.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you get the install together?
Yeah I got it together, and torqued the bolts around 80 ft-lbs or something like that.

Only question I had was, when the bike's tail was propped over a piece of wood (no pressure on the swingarm/rear shock), I was still able to move the swing arm up and down freely about a 4th of an inch. This was after I had everything torqued down. Is this normal?

After getting it down on the ground, lifting the swing arm took a lot of effort, but when suspended from the tail, it was able to move freely (only a 4th of an inch, up and down). I don't know if that's normal or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts