Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a bike, and the previous owner put down the bike at like 15 mph but on the right side the slider is worn down and i want to replace it. here is a pic of the slider on the left side because its easier to see the whole thing. Also do you think i could just replace the puck? and would it have to be the same manufacturer, or can i use a diff brand puck and just put it on?

·
Registered
167 Posts
1. How does one drop the bike at 15mph?

2. I think you should be fine. The weight of these things are anecdotal. I would, however, try to match the look.

3. Third option is to remove them both and replace it with new ones?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. idk i didnt do it.
2. can i use a replacement puck from a diff company?
3. i really dont want to replace the whole thing because the whole cut on the other side is already perfectly cut out for these sliders.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What I would do is go to your dealer and see if they can replace the puck. If they can, great, you save some $. If not, I don't think you have a choice in replacing them?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Doesn't matter, at least around my parts. You go in and you ask them, they are more than happy to help because they MAY get your installation fees (85 dollars here).

·
Registered
195 Posts
They appear to be Vortex sliders. Yes you can just replace the slider if the mount is not damaged. If you can find another brand of sliders that will fit in there go for it, but I don't suggest it. It seems to me that it would be more hassle to different brands until you find one that fits properly, as opposed to just replacing it with the aftermarket duplicate... but just my .02. Hope that helps.

·
Search Button Nazzi
89 Posts
Vortex

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Definately vortex. I have a spare set layin in the garage that I dont need. Make me an offer if u want them.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
He pulls out of the dealership, brand new bike and guess what? BRAND NEW TIRES!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts