Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RVNRIDER
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have an 07 r7 candy red ( not that the color helps lol ) but first i keep getting this code 18 and at first i didnt care cause it goes away, but now its just getting annoying; and second i was ridin the other day and white smoke started to come out of the exhaust so i pulled over and got all mad and why not but it stopped and now a few days later it did it again randomly, anyone knows what the hell? it still under warranty untill the last day of december of this year

thanks

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
your exup is getting stuck, don't try to ride hard if your showing a code 18, you'll screw up your motor with excessive back pressure.

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
From my experience, white smoke indicates too lean a mixture. Have you added a filter, exhaust or PC3 recently?

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
code 18 definately has to do with your exup valve / servo motor, did you unhook the servo motor or something instead of just tieing up your exup cables or just unhooking them? the white smoke im not 100% sure of. could be from riding the bike real hard with insufficent oil levels, not 100% sure, never heard of anything like that.

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Don't know about bikes, but white smoke on cars is coolant leaking into the cylinders. That would mean a blown head gasket or a warped head.

·
RVNRIDER
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a faulty headgasket? wouldnt it smoked the entire time that is running?
i'll just probably take it in, i just dont want too cause they'll probably have it in for months cause they are soo gay.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
blown hg would smoke anytime you get on it and lightly while riding, if the smoke is white it usually indicates coolant, along with a sweet smell, blue tint is oil which would be rings or valves and black would be rich on fuel, sometimes a lean mix will give a faint white smoke also but heavier smoke would indicate coolant

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
WARRANTY that shite thats what its for!!!! yeah they may have it for a while but its better that being stuck with a huge bill because the motor blows the day after your warranty expires

·
RVNRIDER
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WARRANTY that shite thats what its for!!!! yeah they may have it for a while but its better that being stuck with a huge bill because the motor blows the day after your warranty expires
yes yes, good point u make. yeah i think i'm just going to take it in and have them deal with it. i'll let u guys know what happens later :YEA

thanks for your comments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts