Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, New to the forum and looking at a 2007 R6 tomorrow. My question is... The bike has been sitting for 2 years and i'm wondering what you recommend doing if i were to buy it. It has 4100 miles on it and was dropped in the guys driveway before it was put away. He said he's had it out this season and it still runs and shifts good. I'm assuming it will need a complete tune up, but want to know what else to watch/check for. Thanks

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
New oil, gas, clean lube chain.

Also, search google for a service manual. They are out there in PDF format for free.. It will tell you everything you need to know

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I bought my bike under the exact same circumstances. Also change the tires even if he had them on stands. You just don't know what kind of condition they in from just sitting. Might as well change the coolant while your changing the oil. Then I would just inspect everything else... Brakes, cables etc. I just like the peace of mind that everything is in check plus you learn a lot about the bike the more you do on it.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Thats what I thought, he said he'd recommend changing them. just wanted to make sure it wasnt necessary. Thanks
Not a difficult task but one a noob could eff up monumentally if its possible.
I might suggest doing them if you are installing block off plates and/or a quick shifter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the help guys. Picked it up on the 24th, paid 4300 for a 07 with 4100 miles. Thought it was to good of a deal to pass up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts