Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Go Sabres!
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short... i was young and stupid, bought a bike with a lien on it without the release, registered it, and now im trying to sell it and so i dont screw anyone over i want the lien release. Its from hsbc but when i go in there they say the liens not in my name, they cant do anything. what can i do? any suggestions or need more info let me know thanks guys

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
how can you register a vehicle without a title? Did the original owner give you a power of attorney?
Only thing you can legally do is put a mechanics lien and hope the finance company releases the title.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The company will not release it without giving them a lien release. Try to get a hold of the person you bought the bike from and have them release it for you by calling HSBC. Previous owner would need to get this document notarized and mailed/faxed or however method they are willing to accept. Good luck!

·
Go Sabres!
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I had the title when I registered it, didn't even realize there was a lien and they allowed me to register it...i talked to the dude I bought it from and he said it wasn't his lein but the original owner... And I have no contact info for him

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
You had the title? That doesn't make any sense. As far as I know, if there's a Lien on the bike, the Lien Holder is the only one that has the title, unless the Lien has been released. Something sounds fishy..

·
Registered
391 Posts
DMV will register any vehicles as long as you have the title. They will believe anything you tell them. So, I'm not surprised that it went through the cracks.

·
Go Sabres!
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hah yea... Any suggestions? Or a number to reach someone from HSBC ... Every one i call wants account info and i don't have any

·
Go Sabres!
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there like a form or something the DMV has that I can fill out and they review it or something? Hhaha I have no idea just throwing out ideas

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Your best bet, would be to have the guy you bought the bike from, contact the original owner, whom I hope is the person that he bought the bike from. The only thing that you have that connects the bike to the Lien is the VIN, but the bank will not divulge the original owner's info, just because you have the bike. For all they know, you bought a bike that, in which, the original owner never fully paid for, hence the they will try and repo the bike, or say you are in possession of a stolen vehicle. Technically in this case, the bike belongs to the bank, IF it wasn't fully paid.

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
How did you get the title with a lien put in your name from the previous owner? DMV should have never put the title in your name to begin with.

If the title isn't in your name who is the bike registered to, it can't be you?

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
+1 on how the hell did the DMV let that slide..

You need to find the original owner and get him/her to get the lien release.

·
Registered
78 Posts
do a mechanics lein on the bike hsbc will either pay you to get the bike back or release it to you if its not worth them to pay you to get it back.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Actually I have had this problem with 2 bikes I have bought. What you will need to do is request a lien release from HSBC. They have a specific department that will handle this request. You will need to write a letter and let them know that you recently purchased this vehicle and when you tried to register it there is a lien showing. You then need to state that you would like for them to release the lien. You do not need any of the previous owners for this process. Where you will run into an issues is if the previous owner sold the bike with an active (money owed) lien on the bike. If that is the case then they will not release the lien until that money is payed to the lien company.

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
Actually I have had this problem with 2 bikes I have bought. What you will need to do is request a lien release from HSBC. They have a specific department that will handle this request. You will need to write a letter and let them know that you recently purchased this vehicle and when you tried to register it there is a lien showing. You then need to state that you would like for them to release the lien. You do not need any of the previous owners for this process. Where you will run into an issues is if the previous owner sold the bike with an active (money owed) lien on the bike. If that is the case then they will not release the lien until that money is payed to the lien company.
That sucks balls if they still owe money on it, then paying it off would help the ****ers credit too hahaha...kinda even though it's probably shot anyway at this point.

·
Go Sabres!
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
06r6'n!! i need more info!! do you have a number to call to request the lien release?? and where do i write the letter too, thanks for the help!!!

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Hey Blink, not to scare you, but normally when you google a problem, you can find a solution! But when you google search hsbc lien release

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rlz=1R2_____en&q=hsbc+lien+release&aq=f&aqi=g3&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Well, all Im seeing is peoples nightmare stories,:( so I just wanna wish you the best of luck, and suggest that going a differnt sort of route might help. ie. if I were in your scenario, I would find a friend, or friend of friend, who is in the, reputable, used car business :lmao, no really though! Im sure if they want to help you, they would know all sorts of REAL solutions to this problem!

Just my 2 cents!

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Hey Blink, not to scare you, but normally when you google a problem, you can find a solution! But when you google search hsbc lien release

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rlz=1R2_____en&q=hsbc+lien+release&aq=f&aqi=g3&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Well, all Im seeing is peoples nightmare stories,:( so I just wanna wish you the best of luck, and suggest that going a differnt sort of route might help. ie. if I were in your scenario, I would find a friend, or friend of friend, who is in the, reputable, used car business :lmao, no really though! Im sure if they want to help you, they would know all sorts of REAL solutions to this problem!

Just my 2 cents!
Not saying that other members dont know what they are talking about, just that somtimes, its nice to have somone in your local, who can help you out in exchange for a few :drink !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts