Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum world but I thought this was a good place to post. I am looking at a 2006 R6 17k miles, says never dropped, for $4,000. Is that too good to be true? Is it acceptable to post the link (craigslist) for people to look and see? One of my buddies says it's probably stolen but it says clean title. Also, when I go to test ride it, what are the main things I should look for?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im not sure where you are but that price sounds reasonable if not high for around here. Ive got a 2009 R6r with 18k I would gladly sell for $4500 if I could get my wife to let go of it.... As soon as a new R6 comes out she'll probably want to get one, and the 09 will surely be for sale then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright. All the others ones around here (Denver area) are going for 5 to 6.5. I guess it's all relative.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,256 Posts

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,256 Posts
$4K might be a bit high for a 2006 R6S, which that one is. It is the same bike as an '03-04 model, and and they made it unchanged until 2010. You could probably find a 2008-09 model for $4200, quite easily.

They are good bikes, and better than the 3rd gen for the street, IMO. Better ergos and much more mid-range power (where you spend 95% of your time on the street). But, because they don't have the fancy go-bits the 3rd gens have, they aren't worth as much. (even though they were state of the art race bikes in 2003)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How can you tell it's the R6s? I was trying to look and the pics weren't high res enough for me to tell.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,256 Posts
Because it looks like my bike and not a 3rd gen. The picture resolution is fine for me, even on my phone

·
iRun
33,317 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. Ideally I want an 06-08 R6 raven but it seems like they are more expensive in my area (typically 5 and a half up to mid 6's)

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. Ideally I want an 06-08 R6 raven but it seems like they are more expensive in my area (typically 5 and a half up to mid 6's)
That's because it's spring. I had a hard time getting rid of an 07 for $5.5k a couple years back in an area close to you in mid-summer. Wait a month and you'll find it a lot easier.

Also, just so you know, there's nothing special about the "raven" except that it's black. And the 06/07 is different then the 08+ bikes, so having a requisite year of 06-08 doesn't really make sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts