Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I was recently hit on the freeway while I was in the carpool lane going around 40 miles an hour. I was very lucky and I walked away (I was wearing full gear.) Anyhow I was reimbursed by Progressive and my exhaust is damaged and I am looking to buy a new exhaust. I am looking to buy a full titanium exhuast and willing to spend around a 1000 dollars. I am looking at M4, Yoshimura, The Graves, Two Brothers. I have been trying to research it on my own however I am still not having an easy time deciding. What do you guys think? Thanks for your time. :secret

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man the two brothers exhaust sounds like an Formula 1 car as it blows by you. I'm assuming your doing full exhaust and not just slip on? I don't have that kind of cash so I'm getting a slip on gytr carbon fiber exhaust. It sounds pretty sweet on youtube. Anyway, let us know what you get, and post a vid on how it sounds.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The M4 system can be had for under 1k I think. Don't know much about it. Not a fan of the looks of it but if that is your thing then there ya go! I have the M4 mid pipe and it seems like it is very well made.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Smooth
298 Posts
Dont forget you will most likely want to get a power commandor or brazzer After doing a full exhaust so thats another 300 some dollars and also getting it tuned on the dyno will be a few more dollars on top of that.

But yoshi is my favorite if that helps.

·
make the snow go away!!
215 Posts
You can get a full Yoshimura in stainless for 800 or so. Titanium really isn't necessary unless you race and want to save some weight. And instead of a power commander just send your ecu to Anthony. It's cheaper and you get more than just a good air fuel mixture. You could do both of those in your budget and have brand new. Plus Yoshimura sounds decent

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes you will definitely need some kind of fuel management. Could be a PC or a tuned ECU from Anthony (I have both) but you WILL need something. Not trying to talk you out of a full system at all but it sounds like you are on a tight budget so a nice slip on might benefit you more for now until you have the coin to drop on a full system and a tune.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
You can get a full Yoshimura in stainless for 800 or so. Titanium really isn't necessary unless you race and want to save some weight. And instead of a power commander just send your ecu to Anthony. It's cheaper and you get more than just a good air fuel mixture. You could do both of those in your budget and have brand new. Plus Yoshimura sounds decent

um... its a close race to see which is a bigger POS... two brothers full system or a Yash. At least the TB system mimics the stock basic design with shitty welds for weight savings. Not sure what theory Yash was following other than the Panigale effect? :lmao

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
I did the 03-09 R6s header swap along with a Yosh slip-on. I'm not a fan of the sound and if I get money, I will be getting rid of that system in favor of a M4 full system. I had a full M4 system on my TL1000R. I'm a fan of their work.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I have the M4 slip on a love it, exactly what I was looking for, but I know it will more that likely change when I delete the cat for the y-pipe...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I would get some playdoh and make one myself.

·
My R6 beats me.
19 Posts
I'm in a similar situation but want to do slip-on. Is a power commander necessary with just slip-on? I've seen/heard yes and no...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts