Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a integrated tail and a fender eliminator, i pop off my seats get the tail light out and have it all ready to go but there is no way for me to take off the old fender/mud flap POS that is on my bike. The bolts are under a plastic piece that seems to run the whole way to my battery and a big box with a bunch of wires running to it, probably my ecu. Here are some pictures of what i'm dealing with. maybe someone knows how to get to the damn things?:enforcer

·
"to" in "A to B"
111 Posts
There is a fancy way, but I cut mine out to get to the bolts.

·
Obama MUST go!!!
181 Posts
I removed the seat bracket and the latch for the rear seat. At that Point you can pull up on that flap and remove the bolts. You will have to hold it up with a decent amount of force to remove the bolts. Once those bolts(the ones holding the stock fender on) are removed the tail section will lower about 5-6 inches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I removed the seat bracket and the latch for the rear seat. At that Point you can pull up on that flap and remove the bolts. You will have to hold it up with a decent amount of force to remove the bolts. Once those bolts(the ones holding the stock fender on) are removed the tail section will lower about 5-6 inches.
Thats the easiest way, simply remove the silver plate and also the rod/latch.. gives you heaps of room to pull that plastic part back and remove the four bolts holding the stock POS in :)

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
+1 it's still a tiny bit of a pain in the ass but this is the best way. When you put the latch back for the seat TRIPLE check that the seat or cowl locks back on well. Don't wanna lose a piece of the bike on the highway lol.

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
+1 it's still a tiny bit of a pain in the ass but this is the best way. When you put the latch back for the seat TRIPLE check that the seat or cowl locks back on well. Don't wanna lose a piece of the bike on the highway lol.
+2 for both...

I used a ratchet extender to give myself some room while holding that plastic cover with the other hand. Again, it's a PITA, but less stuff to remove!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts