Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Second the MotoDynamic suggestion.

I have the R6, but I replaced my ebay unit with a MotoDynamic unit, big difference in quality.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,380 Posts
Yeah, go with the MotoDynamics. I got one of the ebay ones and there were several annoyances.

1. The harness was 6 inches short, so I had to cut the wires from my old one and splice the wires.
2. It doesnot have the resistors to keep it from flashing real fast (that's the square box looking thing in one of the smaller pictures on the Motodynamic site). This wasn't such a big deal since my old unit had the resistors AND I had to cut the tail light wires, anyway. So it wasn't that big of a deal to splice these onto the turn signal wires.

and finally,
3. (This issue I couldn't fix) If you notice in the animation on the eBay link, when the T/S flashes, the opposite side dims. Yeah......that actually happens. :cuss

·
Ruff
137 Posts
I bit the bullet after reading this thread...here's what I got from Motodynamic.

It actually feels like it was melted, not broke...and there were no broken pieces in the box. Good thing is I received a quick response to my email, followed by a return shipping label. I was told they will send me a replacement. Only took 3 days to arrive, so I guessing the turn around shouldn't be all that bad.

·
Adrenaline Junkie
1,946 Posts
I've wanted an integrated tail light for a while now, but I'm concerned about the visibility. Here's the FE setup I have now. No idea of the brand, just fake CF and it came with the bike when I bought it.

(pic taken way before a lot of the aesthetic mods were done :D )

I'm wondering if the integrated signals will be less visible than the separate signals to the sides. I know the ones I have now are smaller than the surface area of the brake lights, but the integrated becomes less visible when braking and closer in, so I don't know if it'll be less eye-catching. I like the sequential style though, but still the slower blink is less visible.

I know this is kind of a rant but I just want to stay as visible as possible and every bit helps haha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Since you have the S model, the integrated taillight system would be more visible compared to a non S model;

1) the S taillights are actually set at more of a vertical position versus a slight angle on the non S, so the line of sight is almost perpendicular to the eye.

2) Unlike the non S model, your tail light are split.

Personally, I am not too fond of integrated taillights, which is why I didn't even connect the two wires for the blinks on them and running LED signals.

I've wanted an integrated tail light for a while now, but I'm concerned about the visibility. Here's the FE setup I have now. No idea of the brand, just fake CF and it came with the bike when I bought it.

(pic taken way before a lot of the aesthetic mods were done :D )

I'm wondering if the integrated signals will be less visible than the separate signals to the sides. I know the ones I have now are smaller than the surface area of the brake lights, but the integrated becomes less visible when braking and closer in, so I don't know if it'll be less eye-catching. I like the sequential style though, but still the slower blink is less visible.

I know this is kind of a rant but I just want to stay as visible as possible and every bit helps haha

·
Ruff
137 Posts
I actually spliced my side signals into the integrated signals...I will have two blinkers in the back now for each side. I hate not knowing if anyone behind me can see the blinkers, but at least with this setup there will be more flashing to notice. I almost got t-boned by a fellow rider because he didn't see my little flasher when I was turning...supposedly. That is the main reason I got the integrated and the triple flash brake is pretty neat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts