Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I know this question has been asked a million times on this site but i wanted to ask before i commit to one. I have a 05 R6 Raven and leaning towards a Woodcraft CFM frame slider. Primarily because most of you guys rave about it. I was initially looking for a no-cut slider but everything iv read says they're crap. Is there anyone that don't like Woodcraft? Or does anyone have and "tested" a good no-cut frameslider? Also whats a good website to buy these without them charging an arm and leg for the shipping? Thanks in advance....

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
I prefer the no cut, I had some on my 04, they were cheap, but I low sided and the slider did it's job. I think if you pay more then $50 for sliders, you paid to much. Up to you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you don't wanna mess with your fairings then a no cut sliders is the way to go.

But overall try not to be soo critical about what frame sliders to use. Anything will do! Sliders help a bit but not a hole lot when you lowside. Point is when you go down, sliders will not protect the whole bike.

:werd

·
Registered
45 Posts
Its not the slider in the no cut kit thats the limiting factor, its the bracket that places the slider slight outside in order to avoid cutting the fairing.. I was riding last week with a gxr 750 and he low sided at a fairly slow speed but he bent the screw that goes in engine mount.. I would say go with cut slider, if you take your time u won't run into any problem..

I also have woodcraft frame slider on 03 and no oen even notices that my fairings are cut.. take ur time and u will be fine.. I have also seen a pic where a person low sided at 60 mph and u coudln't tell if the bike fell at that speed.. Its ur choice..

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the No Cut Shogun Sliders on my 07 R6. I do not really think any one slider is better than another. None of them are going to save your bike 100%. The main point is to protect the mechanical parts of the bike.

If you go down most likely there will be some other damage to the bike, but with the sliders hopefully it will be mostly cosmetic stuff (fairings etc).

If you really want it for superior protection I would suggest the stunt cages. They offer more protection. I mean hopefully you don't go down anyways but if you do it just depends what level of protection you want.

You just have to ask yourself if you are willing to cut your fairings or not. If you don't want to cut your fairings the answer is pretty clear which way to go. As far as brands...its just polyurethane no matter how you look at it.

I went down on the right side and it scratched my fairings a bit and the slider bent back a bit but overall I'd say it saved me a lot of money in parts.

I just bought the carbon fiber shogun no-cuts to replace my original black shogun no cuts. They just have a carbon fiber sheath on the outside, hopefully I don't have to put those ones to the test...

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Its not the slider in the no cut kit thats the limiting factor, its the bracket that places the slider slight outside in order to avoid cutting the fairing.. I was riding last week with a gxr 750 and he low sided at a fairly slow speed but he bent the screw that goes in engine mount.. I would say go with cut slider, if you take your time u won't run into any problem..

I also have woodcraft frame slider on 03 and no oen even notices that my fairings are cut.. take ur time and u will be fine.. I have also seen a pic where a person low sided at 60 mph and u coudln't tell if the bike fell at that speed.. Its ur choice..
Up to the owner if you cut or no cut, think resale. I try and only do mods that can easily be removed or replaced, thinking resale. More extreme example: If you think your bike would be cool with some radical paint scheme, your market base will be small when you plan on selling your bike. Frame sliders isn't as extreme as new paint, but you get my point? Any frame sliders will do, just have something.

There are two types of riders: Those that have crashed and those that are going to crash.

·
Registered
88 Posts
From my previous experience, if you want very good CUT sliders, then go with the R&G ones. I had them on my Triumph and they were absolutely awesome. A couple of times they had to do the job and worked liek a dream. http://www.rg-racing.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts