Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Putting my 2017 R6 up for sale..... but trying to work out price to sell it at as the prices ive seen have nearly 2500k difference.
Would i be better off stripping back to standard or sell it with the parts on?

Its a 2017, I think around 2300miles (but will check).
R&G protection everywhere (including brake lever guard)
Hel Braided lines and ABS delete.
MWR filter
Ecu flash by P3-Tuning
Akrapovic exhaust (with baffle) but also had the internals changed to bring noise down.
Custom made rear indicators.

I did desticker the bike as not a fan of the decals, wouldn't of been so bad if they lacquered them, but was fed up of polish building up.

Any advice appreciated 馃榿

Attachments

Depends how lazy you are... :)
Conventional wisdom is that you will never recover the cost of upgrades or accessories on a bike and it is typically better to pull the aftermarket goodies and sell separately, assuming that you have the stock bits to put back on. Then you have the additional work of selling all the goodies separately and all the small transactions. Some people like it, some don't.
I sold a ZX6R with a ton of high-end stuff and just did a package sale. Easier for me but I was okay with the financial hit. I sold an R1 and pulled everything that I had added except the brake lines. Did better but I still have a few odd parts lingering in the garage that didn't sell.
Ultimately, it depends on whether or not you need to wring every penny out of the sale, how long it may take, and how inconvenient it may be for you. GLWS

Registered
Sell it with the upgrades on and the stock parts in a basket bud. You should be able to pull top dollar. The bike looks quite clean. You may want to clean the chain up and check it out. Looks kind of grimy. That's the only dirty part I can see though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends how lazy you are... :)
Conventional wisdom is that you will never recover the cost of upgrades or accessories on a bike and it is typically better to pull the aftermarket goodies and sell separately, assuming that you have the stock bits to put back on. Then you have the additional work of selling all the goodies separately and all the small transactions. Some people like it, some don't.
I sold a ZX6R with a ton of high-end stuff and just did a package sale. Easier for me but I was okay with the financial hit. I sold an R1 and pulled everything that I had added except the brake lines. Did better but I still have a few odd parts lingering in the garage that didn't sell.
Ultimately, it depends on whether or not you need to wring every penny out of the sale, how long it may take, and how inconvenient it may be for you. GLWS

Think I'm going to be lazy and sell as is.... its having the time to sort it all out & also get it replaced to run in standard form

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sell it with the upgrades on and the stock parts in a basket bud. You should be able to pull top dollar. The bike looks quite clean. You may want to clean the chain up and check it out. Looks kind of grimy. That's the only dirty part I can see though.
Yeah it will do, the drive it's on is my work. And had to ride as van was in having mot. Living in darkest Cornwall 馃嚞馃嚙. It gets a lil muddy ALOT but will get her up on the stand and give it a good going over again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.