Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 yzf-r6 and I am not to fond of the sound the exhuast puts out. Looking to swap out the factory slip on with an aftermarket. Not necessarily going the route to add h.p but more for sound. Also with that in mind I'm not wanting to spend 100s of dollars. If I were gonna do that I would just redo the whole system. I've been on eBay looking at the rls series slip ins and range around 100.00. Does anyone know of these slip ins and could give me some feed back and options aswell as a direction to go in.

Thanks for looking and by the way I'm not looking to be talked out of it decision is made just stuck on which part to order.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Y-pipe might be a good option for you.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
yep

·
Registered
14 Posts
Frankiie890 you should get the y pipe from m4 as well. I just did this swap and got rid of the cat. It is much louder and sounds way better. It didn't take too long, and the install wasn't hard.

OP if you do decide to swap out the mid pipe you can pm me any questions if you haven't found any answers.

I have the 'low industries' slip on piece. It sounds pretty good but I got it before I swapped my mid pipe. So I'll eventually get a good name brand slip on now, yoshi or tbr

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Just leave the bike alone and ride the piss out of it.

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
I put a m4 y-pipe on mine. Sounds so much better! Was only $165. Not too hard to install. Didn't take long. If you take the cat off you'll want to get a power commander V. That's like $265 there. And that's it. Idk

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts