Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hey...watch this
574 Posts
The price seems to be in line, but I really try to discourage anyone from buying an R6 (or similar) as a 'first' bike. It takes skill that only comes from experience to ride it as it is intended. Probably not the advise you wanted. Be safe.

·
vroom on a yamaha
550 Posts
Looks clean, in my area that would be a pretty good deal. Not too many miles either just make sure to change that front tire asap. If you are somewhat new to riding and you definitely have your mind set on a sport bike I would HIGHLY recommend frame sliders and spools. Also read the stuff posted above and take that into consideration. A lot of people start off on sport bikes but it's not recommended and everyone is different. In the end only you know if you get the bike or not, just be safe.

·
....Casper....
719 Posts
is it already that time of year again?

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it would be my first street bike, i have a couple years experience on dirtbikes and what not, also have my week long motorcycle safety course starting monday,
thank you all for the input

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
it would be my first street bike, i have a couple years experience on dirtbikes and what not, also have my week long motorcycle safety course starting monday,
thank you all for the input
Week long safety course?

Well, in that case, skip the bitch step and get a turbo'd busa.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A lot of people will say that you shouldn't get an R6 as a first bike, and they're not completely wrong. I did, and I was way more comfortable on friends' 250s than I was on my 600 for a long time. I took a few of the courses and put a lot of miles on the R6 and gradually became more comfortable. Just be smart and wear your gear, stay off main roads until you are EXTREMELY comfortable with the weight and power of the R6.

As for the bike in the ad, it looks like a super clean bike and the price is right. Go for it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys, I went ahead and purchased the bike, i am now an r6 owner, the bike has been dropped as i saw some scuffs on the very end of the frame at the rear tire, and notice he still had a Slider bracket on, but no sliders... he said it wasnt dropped but theres even scraps along other places, my friend a rider, tested the bike, and it ran well, i ended up getting him down to 3300$ it has 6xxx miles, needs a new front tire and and oil change and what not, I will definitly be cautious,saftey is my priority thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks guys, I went ahead and purchased the bike, i am now an r6 owner, the bike has been dropped as i saw some scuffs on the very end of the frame at the rear tire, and notice he still had a Slider bracket on, but no sliders... he said it wasnt dropped but theres even scraps along other places, my friend a rider, tested the bike, and it ran well, i ended up getting him down to 3300$ it has 6xxx miles, needs a new front tire and and oil change and what not, I will definitly be cautious,saftey is my priority thanks

No offense, but this:

I went ahead and purchased the bike, i am now an r6 owner
Doesn't jive with this:

saftey is my priority
Good luck, stay within your limitations as a rider.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
ride safe and enjoy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts