Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My R6 eats me
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm not big into decals but I do like this mostly because the red would go great with my bike's red. Can anyone tell me where to buy it or have any suggestions? I have an 07 so I can't just buy the part because it won't fit. Thanks guys and gals!

Attachments

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
If it's an OEM decal, which it doesn't appear to be), Bike Bandit would have it. If it's custom, which it does appear to be, it's going to be difficult. Unless someone on the forum knows about it...

There are .Vector files available online for that specific "R6" portion of the decal which would help your local graphics shop build a replica.. The rest of the graphic would likely need to be custom, however, which may be costly.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,319 Posts
It is OEM for the 2011 model

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,319 Posts
The part #'s SHOULD be:

Left: 1JS-28391-10-00

Right: 1JS-28392-10-00

But I would verify that before ordering. They appear to be around $75-$80 each from partsfish.com , and about $65 each from bikebandit.com

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
It would extremely weird since the 06/07 mid fairing is straight whereas 08+ is curved. Your best bet is to have a good decal shop like Drippin Wet replicate it for the 06/07.

·
My R6 eats me
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knew the part itself wouldn't fit because of the differences between the 06-07 and 08+, that's why I was just looking for the decal alone. But I never thought about the decal not working perfectly because of the different curvatures. Great information :toocool:

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,319 Posts
A company like Drippin' Wet could probably do it and may be your best option, depending on pricing. But I would think that the difference in the shape of the 06/07 vs 08+ could be compensated for with some clever use of an Ex-acto blade.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Is your mid fairing black? Just because the decal has red flames (or whatever that red shit is), it doesn't mean the rest is clear. The rest will be gloss black and will look funky unless your mid fairings are also gloss black.

·
My R6 eats me
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a good point to bring up. That wouldn't work with my flat black mids. Best option is to use those pieces as an idea now and see if a shop can paint them (without the skulls). Rather than trying to buy the decals

1 - 11 of 11 Posts