Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding for about 10 months, this is my first bike, and of course I feel comfortable just riding with me on the bike, but I've never had a passenger. The dilema is....my girlfriend :boob . She would love to go for a ride, but my contention is she's too tall, I'm 5'10" and so is she! I don't really want to learn how to ride with a passenger that 5'10", maybe 5', but not 5'10". What do I do and what's the best ideas?

·
Registered
71 Posts
It all depends on how good your GF is at being a pillion. You may have a 4'8" passenger who is an absolute pain in the arse on the back, or you could have a 6'0" person who you only notice is pillion because your bike doesn't pull as well.

Take her out on the condition that its only a small run to see how you both get on.

Im 5'9" and my wife is the same, The only thing I have to make sure is that i let her know when im ready for her to hop on, or hop off the bike so i can steady it.

Give it a go

·
Registered
318 Posts
Im with tickle on this one... my gf is 5'6, yes i know she isnt that tall of a passenger but all i tell her is when Im ready for her to get on or off... just go to a parking lot and practice and work on some looping curves to see how you and her both handle the ride. things might work out and might not... if they dont, tell her to buy a bike and ride next to you!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts