Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a slip on exhaust, and i know that most don't add much horsepower, but which slip on exhaust would put out the most performance paired with a K&N filter or GYTR filter??

thx all opinions appreciated :YEA

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
You won't get much if any gain from just a slip-on. You'd be much better off to get a mid-pipe and a power commander

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
You will most likely lose some bottom end with a slip on, you have to remove the exup which is the only hope for bottom end on the newer gens. I know the 08s are better but its still pretty week down there.

Take off you can and essentially that is what most slip ons will sound like. I would suggest trying that before spending amy money.

Do your self the favor and save for a full system or change your sprokets if your looking to feel a little more acceleration.

Your gytr(don't go k&n) alone will help with some intake air flow.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
dont waste the time and money to do that...when goin with that open element filter you're going to need to use a PC3 to pair with it otherwise its most likely going to hurt you more than it will help you. If you're lookin for more low end just go with a 520 conversion -1/+2, slip-on, and speedohealer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts