Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all......
If you all remember me. The Really really newb with question guy.
Well, been doing really good. No major problem so far and thanks to you guys for giving me all the tips in the pass.
I have a friend that purchase a bike a few week after I did and now he's no where near my riding level. I not saying this to show off. I want to know what you all could do to help me help him.
I think he's vervous about the bike. I have a feeling he's going to gives up soon and that's why I'm seeking help. I don't want to be the only person in my circle of friend to be ridding a bike.
I told him to go sign up for the class and he said he will, but after tonight I think he might not even try.
I've told him the best way to learn is get on the bike and he's not doing that. 2 months and he have less than 20 miles on the thing. Me about to finish with by break in cycle. Just FYI he and I both never been on a bike before this. I really don't want him to give up but I think he's heading that direction.
thnks again and ahead.

·
Registered
998 Posts
You can't force the unwilling. I had a friend buy a bike two months ago and he is the same way. He's afraid to lean and shows no interest in it. I don't get it, but I guess some people don't get the same rush I do.

20 miles on it and he has already given up? He must not enjoy it or is afraid of it. The fear should go away once he learns to ride. Before he decides to sell it, talk him into the MSF course first and then tell him he atleast has to go on a two hour weekend ride with you. He may change his mind if he has a little fun. His tires probably aren't even scuffed in yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't even discribe the feeling when I'm on the bike. It's really hard for the bike to show how much its have to offer if he not willing to give it time. I sure hope he will find it fun in the end because if not I will feel really bad cause I'm the one who talked him into getting the bike in the first place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts