Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Keep in mind that these are *NOT* service manuals. They do not for example, contain information needed to perform a valve adjustment.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Re: Here is a link to ALL of Yamaha’s owners manuals

Keep in mind that these are *NOT* service manuals. They do not for example, contain information needed to perform a valve adjustment.
you can buy the manual on that site however. yes, it's $80. but it's worth every penny in my book. I do not like having it on a computer. it takes longer to look stuff up. but yamaha has one of the best PDF service manuals in the industry. kawasaki for example, used a scanner to make a PDF manual and it's almost impossible to tell what the pictures and diagrams are showing. that's the most ****ed up shit I've ever seen from a large company like Kawasaki.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I love the PDF file because I can quickly access it on my phone. When I came out from a shop earlier this year and got a Code 19 flash, I could quickly look that up on my phone because the PDF manual is there too.

By contrast, I paid $200 for the SM with my new car purchased in 2016... expecting to get a PDF. But it instead came on a flipp'n copy-protected CD. To make matters worse, it's wrapped in ancient database software from Windows XP era... shat I'm not going to put on any computer that I want to be stable and reasonably secure. Search is either nonexistent or useless and they made sure you couldn't just print the entire manual via the program that's provided.

Quality is extremely important, and surprisingly inconsistent. Yami does quality documentation. Yami's Owner's Manuals are more useful than some Service Manuals. I reviewed a mid-nineties GM minivan manual and it was written for engineers, rather than laymen. Over twenty years ago I had purchased a Haynes manual for a prior car. Best $10 I ever spent. Several years later went to the public library to grab a Chilton manual on a friend's car and the thing was about as useful as William Barr's analysis of the Muller Report. Roughly a few years ago I looked at an updated version of the same Haynes manual that I had before, and was surprised about how deeply the quality slid. The old manual was considerably thicker yet, covered a more narrow range of vehicles. The new one at lacking quality was also stupidly priced by comparison.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
now that I think about it, when i worked at the dealership I should have downloaded all the manuals I could. lol. I had access to everything yamaha, kawasaki, polaris and suzuki.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Re: Here is a link to ALL of Yamaha’s owners manuals

you can buy the manual on that site however. yes, it's $80. but it's worth every penny in my book. I do not like having it on a computer. it takes longer to look stuff up. but yamaha has one of the best PDF service manuals in the industry. kawasaki for example, used a scanner to make a PDF manual and it's almost impossible to tell what the pictures and diagrams are showing. that's the most ****ed up shit I've ever seen from a large company like Kawasaki.
many times the manuals are translated to English by folks that English is their 2nd or 5th language...lol. Now as a literary read... tech manuals are um... unexciting. Anything remotely technical... is usually abridged with "see your Authorized (insert brand here) dealer". :grin:
And in terms of cult type bikes... usually distilled down to a handful or less of guys that know the model inside & out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts