Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sportech blue chrome windscreen...... looks awesome, fits like shit
LED flushmounts (bought from McCoy).. Look sweet, work awesome
M.D. Wright Inc. Integrated tail......... SWEET, awesome work, looks original. wired in BUSS 232 relay to slow flashrate.

GYT-R spools....look nice, work good with stands.
LP spools were junk
GYT-R full race system......... LOVIN' IT!
PC3usb.......good price, easy operation, does its job!
Homeade fender elim....... all i have to say is $10w/ my own LED plate light.

Joe Rocket Razor suit........comfy, cool when hot, warm when cold
HJC hc-11 helmet........very comfy, lightweight..still need quick connect
DEI avatal 2200 alarm......works awesome, easy install (for me)
Schintz mirror covers....look sweet, had to use some o-rings for install to stop vibration.

Winter projects :mrgreen:
R1 fork conversion
Intuitive sliders
Scott's damper
Passenger seat cowl
SS brake lines up front
EBC pads
520 conversion
Graves case covers
Powder coat front rim blue
Unsure of other engine mods, and lots of dyno testing
Either strobes, or R1 running light/signal in headlight
Adjustable rearsets
Kissing social life away in exchange for working for this stuff :roll:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Thanks for the input! When you get into some of your winter projects, can you detail some of them more extensively so everyone can see what's involved? That way they might be able to better tell if they can do it themselves or not. Plus, pics are always great!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you bet, i'll do write-ups with pics. I should be able to write a book by the end of the winter. We'll call it "R6 Winter Modifications, For Dummies" :hammer

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
jay the 520 conversion is chain swap. instead of your 530 chain it comes with stock u change your front and rear sprockets to accomidate a skinnier chain. it helps by reducing rotating mass. which in turn makes for a quicker revvin engine making the bike FASTER.

man i almost said something about reds winter projects. i forgot this post is pretty dam old :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, this post is old! And i didn't get shit done from the list! I will resume from the list this summer sometime since i now have a job :hammer

I actually forgot some of the ideas i wanted to do. Still would like to do the fork swap, but probably won't bother messing with it now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As to the 520 conversion, I installed an RK set. It included a Vortek sprocket and the Gold RX Ring race chain. I have used it for about 3k and have had no problems. I only have adjusted it once and that was because of installation of my new new Metzler Sportec M1's which are awesome.

The only other thing I recommend for the 520 conversion is the Speed-O-Healer. This will recalibrate your speedo. It just plugs into the factory harness and wire the power from your tail lights and BAM! Its in. Use their online tool for the settings and you are done. Thier site is www.speedohealer.com

Since everyone in Cali does 15 over, you have to be sure what your speed is. Guessin is not kewl :) Now I am in Maine, I really need to know the speed (I MISS HWY 1 DAMMIT)

Aloha

:cheers

Let me know if you need any other info.

Aloha.

:cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts