Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,411 Posts
But Triumph is killing in British Supersport, and the first Yamaha in World Supersport is currently 5th......

...it's beyond time.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
The sauce is definitely weak on this one. But whatever. Still no reason to buy anything other than a used 08.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I mean for fcuks sake, not even standard stainless lines, maybe a bigger set of rotors, projector headlight, or something... Maybe a free trackday or lower the price like they did with some of the new bikes... But whatever, Ive gotten used to being disappointed in Yamaha and their handling of the evolution of the R6.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
lol i think I'm more disappointed that they didn't make the stock exhaust even longer than the previous years

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
With all the new bikes they are releasing in the last couple years (fz07,fz09, r3, new r1, Bolt,) do you really think they had the funds or time to make a new r6? It will prolly be next year.

·
Touchdown!
1,431 Posts
It's really hard to improve something that's as close to perfection as possible.

What's beyond perfection?

That's the one downside to the '08+ YZF-R6. Yamaha did such a phenomenal job, it'll be hard to improve something so great.

Look at the bright side. 20 years from now, parts will be very abundant and cheap if people still have these as vintage collectables.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
They could at least give us something like the new R1 display, or reshape the body for freshness. The R1 calipers and rotors maybe. Maybe ABS since its about to become a requirement anyway. And traction control. This cant be that hard.

·
pin it to win it
8,087 Posts
I don't even care about having electronics. Just wanted some new fairings. A steering damper and steel brake lines is about all I can think of.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't even care about having electronics. Just wanted some new fairings. A steering damper and steel brake lines is about all I can think of.
Exactly this, All it needs it a styling update to make it look more modern. The insides are everything else is basically perfect. I dont see why they cant put a little effort into bringing it up to modern taste.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts