Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on a project called YWeRide for a while with some partners and a good friend of mine Todd @ Heroic who also sponsors the site here but we put together a contest based on posting on the YWeRide facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/YWeRide

The key is to like the facebook page then post stories and pictures about Why YOU Ride! There is going to tons a great entries and a group of will select the winner of a custom YWeRide livery Herioc pro gloves! So get to it.

http://www.facebook.com/YWeRide

We will select the winner April 15th then have the gloves custom made. "a group of us" = myself, owner of Heroic, Chuck Graves and Bryan Andrews will collectively pick our favorite entries then vote which of those 4 entries receives the free gloves.

-Shane McCoy

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts
:popcorn: facebook is blocked at work :thumbdown

·
iRun
33,318 Posts
Entered.

"I don't care where we ride, as long as we ride there now" is my motto. I ride because as soon as I even look at the bike I get a huge smile on my face my stomach leaps into my throat. When I fire it up and start rolling, nothing else in the world matters. When I focus on taking a set of my favorite corners, my mind is completely clear. When I head out on a ride and don't know when I'll be back, I'm completely free.

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts
Thumb downing FREE stuff is LAME :fact
I was thumb downing the fact Facebook was blocked at work :fact The :popcorn: was my way of subbing so I can participate when I get home :sing

:love

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
:popcorn: Sub'd to enter tonight.

:toocool:

·
Hanging in there.
197 Posts
Posted.

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thumb downing the fact Facebook was blocked at work :fact The :popcorn: was my way of subbing so I can participate when I get home :sing

:love

lol

·
She wants me to twist it!
882 Posts
Posted:

Because when I pull the key from my pocket its not just a key to a bike, Its a key to absolute freedom. When I start the bike and rev it up I hear the roar of the beast that I must keep tamed and the consequences of not doing so will tear that feeling of absolute freedom from you in a mental and physical ripping that may or may not heal. Because the faster and harder I ride the more I enter another world that is so great and so peaceful anyone who doesn't ride could never have imagined a place like this even existed. In this world the only thing that matters is you, the bike and the road in front of you, nothing else. This world has a very strict guest list where the only way in is on two wheels. To be part of that special world, that's why I ride.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,296 Posts
Posted:
I ride because of the feeling when I crack that throttle open and the tach needle sweeps across the gauge accompanied with the mechanical music coming from the heart of the machine gives me no greater sense of living. I ride because when Im at full lean angle and that moment my knee touches the ground is when I know the trinity of man, machine, road has united. Theres no better feeling than carving a hard left hander - then throwing myself over to the other side while bringing my bike with me to hit the right hander just as hard...get my heart pumping

·
She wants me to twist it!
882 Posts
Posted:
I ride because of the feeling when I crack that throttle open and the tach needle sweeps across the gauge accompanied with the mechanical music coming from the heart of the machine gives me no greater sense of living. I ride because when Im at full lean angle and that moment my knee touches the ground is when I know the trinity of man, machine, road has united. Theres no better feeling than carving a hard left hander - then throwing myself over to the other side while bringing my bike with me to hit the right hander just as hard...get my heart pumping

ooohh. yours is good!

·
I ate my R6
93 Posts
Posted
Why I ride? Because as a kid I've never done anything right in my life and I've never had the luxury to know what speed is. When I reach over, turn the ignition on, and hear my engine scream across as far as I can see... it's feeding the inner R6 that yearns to be unleashed. Everything that is caught up in my daily life seems to simply vanish along with the cars I leave in my dust, and for that reason,
Ima ride till I ****ing die

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everyone that has ever ridden a motorcycle rides for his or her own specific reasons. Some ride to clear their minds, others to get to work, some ride for a living and many ride for the passion. Why do you ride? - YWeRide.com

1 - 20 of 37 Posts