Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while in a full stop, when I slowly release the clutch lever (without any throttle)
just slowly releasing to hit the spot so that the bike starts moving on its own prior to twisting the throttle to start accelerating, The bike starts moving but there is noticeable hesitation like the bike is going to stall even tho it wont unless I keep releaseing the clutch more,

on all my old bikes when I did so the bike will just start moving there isnt any sound of hesitation or jurking and once I start moving thats when I start twisting the throttle,

but this 2008 r6 just acts different im not sure if this is normal

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
Don't overthink it..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you sure your not in second?
yeah... and yeah it kinda feels like im in 2nd but obviously not as bad

maybe ill take a video to show what I mean.but ya its not that bad but it kinda does feel like I could be in 2nd just because the bike shakes as I release the clutch and it shakes as it starts to roll a little

·
....Casper....
719 Posts
generally an r6 wont take off from a stop without any throttle input, if you try to let the clutch out at idle it will stall also the r6 has a pretty tall gear ratio factory you could go -1 +1 (or -1 +2)sprockets to lower it some

if you're noticing a shudder or pulsation you may have warped clutch plates, but i wouldn't jump to any conclusions try not letting the rpm fall below 1500-2000 as you take off

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
generally an r6 wont take off from a stop without any throttle input, if you try to let the clutch out at idle it will stall also the r6 has a pretty tall gear ratio factory you could go -1 +1 (or -1 +2)sprockets to lower it some

if you're noticing a shudder or pulsation you may have warped clutch plates, but i wouldn't jump to any conclusions try not letting the rpm fall below 1500-2000 as you take off

if its a wraped clutch plates as you say where do you feel a pulsation ? in the lever ? or the bike itself as its rolling prior to any throttle input ?

but ya im used to letting out the clutch first as it starts to roll ill use abit of throttle while letting go of the clutch completely and then more throttle
on my cbr1000 2004 releaseing the clutch made the bike shoot out without even having to use any input throttle maybe thats why im used to and the r6 throwing me off

but the zx 636 as well as a 05 r6 that I had wouldnt hesitate in this situation I simply let off the clutch slowly the bike starts moving slowly without the bike making hesitation sounds, like rrrrrr vrrrr vrrrr vrrrrr like it does now,
but then again in both the 05 and the 636 the 1st gear was pretty short i had to change it into 2nd rather quickly on both bikes however the 2008 r6 seems longer than the 05 r6 because right now on the 08 it feels like on normal light accelration I dont need to switch into 2nd till about 50-60km/h on the 05 and 636 I had it to switch earlier so maybe thats why ? idunno

also what I noticed is that the 1st gear is really jumpy/torquey
for example if im rolling up to a liight and I gotta turn right at the intersection and i slow down to about 30km/h to turn
if I stay in 2nd gear it doesnt feel right so i down shift into 1st to make turns at intersections basically but when downshift and then using even the lightest throttle input the bike jurks hard which kinda scares me turning through interesctons in 1st and yeah i know it suppoe to but I mean it really jurks and 2nd gear seems I have no power going at such a slow speed of 30-40

·
....Casper....
719 Posts
if its a wraped clutch plates as you say where do you feel a pulsation ? in the lever ? or the bike itself as its rolling prior to any throttle input ?

but ya im used to letting out the clutch first as it starts to roll ill use abit of throttle while letting go of the clutch completely and then more throttle
on my cbr1000 2004 releaseing the clutch made the bike shoot out without even having to use any input throttle maybe thats why im used to and the r6 throwing me off

but the zx 636 as well as a 05 r6 that I had wouldnt hesitate in this situation I simply let off the clutch slowly the bike starts moving slowly without the bike making hesitation sounds, like rrrrrr vrrrr vrrrr vrrrrr like it does now,
but then again in both the 05 and the 636 the 1st gear was pretty short i had to change it into 2nd rather quickly on both bikes however the 2008 r6 seems longer than the 05 r6 because right now on the 08 it feels like on normal light accelration I dont need to switch into 2nd till about 50-60km/h on the 05 and 636 I had it to switch earlier so maybe thats why ? idunno

also what I noticed is that the 1st gear is really jumpy/torquey
for example if im rolling up to a liight and I gotta turn right at the intersection and i slow down to about 30km/h to turn
if I stay in 2nd gear it doesnt feel right so i down shift into 1st to make turns at intersections basically but when downshift and then using even the lightest throttle input the bike jurks hard which kinda scares me turning through interesctons in 1st and yeah i know it suppoe to but I mean it really jurks and 2nd gear seems I have no power going at such a slow speed of 30-40
send your ECU to BAUCE racing for a flash will help with all of this from what I've heard. just search for ecu flash or bauce racing will turn up tons of threads praising it.

and yeah its probably just the gearing as far as taking off from idle

·
Smooth
298 Posts
I almost dont even want to post in your trolly threads but if you are for real why not just give it gas as you are releasing the clutch problem solved

/end thread

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ yeah thats what im doing right now and it seems to be fine I was just more curious to see if this is normal

you have an 08 as well

so when u release the clutch slowly without using any throttle input

from the time soon as the bike starts rolling until to the time u release the clutch compeltly out (no throttle in between) does your bike make a hesitation sound regarldess of how slow you release it.

and to be honest i dont even care I dont mind using more throttle input right before i release the clutch completly even tho it sounds like im using more throttle than i should but tahts as light as I can get it

what im more cocnerned about is the jurkyness using throttle input (even with the lightest twist of the throttle) being in 1st gear while turning at intersections the bike just grabs and starts going giving it a strong jurk and isnt pleasant while in a turn

it doesnt do that in 2nd gear however im not going fast enough when turning in an intersection to be in 2nd..

·
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
14 Posts
completely normal. solution to problem... throw a pipe and pcV on it and twist right hand. but seriously its normal dont sweat it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts