Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some d3's and stuck them on Christmas day. Yesterday I already noticed the rupper on the grip (clutch side only) is already starting to wear down a noticable amount on the outsude, just before the thin collar that says "D3." Is this common with these grips or did I just get unlucky?

Guess I'll listen to Andres and get the rizomas the first time around next time :sing

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Have you been riding a lot? have rough gloves or anything that could have caused early wear? Im curious because I have the same grips

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Mine were mint when I got my bike. I put 500 miles on it, and the grips are noticeably worn. They are very soft grips. They look the nicest IMO, but they are too soft, wear out super fast, and the collars spin and goto shit after a while.

I didn't buy em myself, but normally I just get regular grips. I like the Driven Gels, but you gotta like a BIG grip to enjoy them. They also wear out quickly tho. I guess the way it goes is if you want good feedback and control, you sacrifice lonjevity.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Two words........Rizoma Lux!

I love mine. Put 4k miles on them and they are still doing great! Plus you can replace the rubber grip on them for super cheap. Honestly though, the feel is very weird at first because the grip is on the inside of your palm...but I love them and they look sick.

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
Get the Rizoma Sportlines. They are all one piece, and I have thousands of miles on mine and they still look new. Great looking piece, too.

:fact

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Agree with everyone saying they look great...but mine (5k+ miles) are worn to shit and will be putting the motion pro's on once I install the quick turn throttle kit...

If those dont feel right or dont last very long, Ill either go with the renthal Kevlar's or the driven skully's

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
i am currently on my second pair of skullys, i want to try renthal kevlars, but i hate the color.. cant they add some black die to them or something.. lol

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Mine are still good after about 1500 miles or so? But honestly as far as feel and wear I liked my old pro-grip 724 dual density grips better and i have new set waiting to be put on actually.

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I ride in leather gauntlets but they are pretty soft. I generally grip the collar but sometimes rest my hand to the outside (where the wear is).

I can't do the skullys, lol sorry...

I'm definitely going with the rizoma sportlines as my next grips, but I figure I'll try to get at least $5 worth of riding out of these $45 grips lol.

For now (until I find another damn job) I'll be spending my mod fund on carbon fiber mid fairings and motovation sliders. I really would like some black levers too.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
i am currently on my second pair of skullys, i want to try renthal kevlars, but i hate the color.. cant they add some black die to them or something.. lol
No shit....right?

They look like they might glow in the dark...lol

I am going to try them though...:fact

1 - 20 of 33 Posts