Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<first off my bad if im posting in the wrong section and whasup to everyone here on this great board.>

-jusdt wondering how much insurace runs u guys and w/ what company.
-how many mpg do u get.. <an w/ what kinda of drving of course>, octane etc
-is there a good driver discount? since i had my lic for about 3 years now w/ a clear record.. would that help anybit w/ the costs?

right now i have my permit and going to soon take the CHP basic lessons here in s.cali <im 19> anything else i should know about? etc. :?:

thnks for yur time!

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
At 19 unless mommy and daddy are paying you WON'T be able to afford more than liability and comp at most.

I'm 22 with a clean record MSF course discount and good credit and I pay 460 a year through State Farm. I average around 100-110 miles before the fuel light comes on, but I ride kinda hard.

A clean record will help but your age on a sportbike AIN'T gonna be cheap.

DO your homework and good luck. THere are alot of costs that are associated with a sportbike that people don't think of.

Sticky tires ever 4k, chains and sprockets, services every 4k, although I change my oil every 2k. Make sure you can rally afford it before you buy one.

Happy hunting, hope you get a bike soon. :cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnks dude. i dunno if i will be gettin a bike yet.. but most prob wont go r6 for my first bike. prob some old used bike which i can drop and learn on :cheers : though.. the r6 is the ultimate goal. in a year or 2

·
Registered
255 Posts
im 19 with 2 tickets and i pay 950 a year through state farm

as for mpg i usually get about 120-125 a tank

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am 23 years old with a clean record and I pay 840 a year 70 a month thats through state farm. Progressive wanted me to pay them 4000 I told them that they were nuts and they mist be kidden around.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
yeah progressive is crazy I only had liability with them for $173 a year they wanted like 4k for full coverage state farm wants like $400 a year for full coverage so im switching to them come may or whenever it gets warm I drop my insurance in the off season oh im 21 years old and state farm would be your best bet I think

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well I am 21/M/MA and for full coverege Im paying approx. $1100/yr, thats with a few speeding tickets and a moving violation in an intersection.

For an idea about insurance. Sold my car that i had when i got the tickets because it was to much of a police target.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am 24 (I'll be 25 in a month) and I have a perfect driving record. I pay $71 a month for full coverage through state farm, they said it will drop once I turn 25. Now for mpg I usually get about 40-45 mpg in town and right at 50 mpg on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts