Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I just found your guys' forum on a R6 search, very good looking place! I just signed financing papers on my R6 today, should finish up the paperwork and get it in a week or so. Its the silver/black model, with about 1200 miles on it, the thing is immaculate. Im totally new to the sport bike scene, and thought comming here would be the best way to get info/tips/whatever else. So yeah, just the new guy saying hi!
Take it easy,
Brian

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
sup Brian! glad you found us and congrats on the purchase! Be safe on the new girl!

What part of Canukistan are you from? There are some fellow canukistanians about on here (not me though).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, thanks for the welcome, and ill beware of the love circles!
Im in BC, basically right on the us border. Westsider. So yes, thats me...got my first newbie question now i think....first of all, why are prices on pipes/slip ons and crap seem to be pretty secretive? lol. for a basic pipe, for a nice sound, and a performance boost, but not breaking the bank, what am i going to look at? Just curious as to how much i must save to get one of em. Thanks again guys
Brian

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
amncroft said:
Welcome Welcome Welcome...Lots to be learned on here. Just stay away from Penfold and Loki...rumor has it they are lovers...You don't want to get pulled into their circle of love...
Don't be jealous of Lok and besides, like Tupac said, "I get around...."

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Brian03R6 said:
Haha, thanks for the welcome, and ill beware of the love circles!
Im in BC, basically right on the us border. Westsider. So yes, thats me...got my first newbie question now i think....first of all, why are prices on pipes/slip ons and crap seem to be pretty secretive? lol. for a basic pipe, for a nice sound, and a performance boost, but not breaking the bank, what am i going to look at? Just curious as to how much i must save to get one of em. Thanks again guys
Brian
sweet. My wife is from and is currently in BC. Mission/Maple Ridge border to be exact. Was there not to long ago and visitied the wonderful border crossing at Sumas. What fun what fun. And stop laughing, I know its the sticks.... Panago lives in richmond so you guys should see if you can't ride together or some shit.

Anyways, as far as being secretive about prices on here, lets just leave it at distributors have relationships that they have to maintain with manufacturers. For the pipes them selves, there's a whole slew of them out there so its really up to you to decide based on looks and sound and budget. There are quite a few Blue Flame cans on here and a few devils as well (some gyt-r's as well). If you want more of a rumbly sounds down low that just howls at high rpm's, look at carbon cans. If you want a screamin pipe, then look at metallic pipes. Check out the Wolf Racing cans and hammy the can mans wide selection. You'll find something you like between the two of them, I can guarantee that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Get with Hammy for any cans that you need! I just got my Blue Flame from him in yesterday, and while I haven't looked at it, I am being told it is a work of art. Also, from what I hear, Wolf is a really good brand. I have not dealt with them personally, but ther pips was rated the best by MotorCycle News. Just look for either one of them on the member list, PM them, and I am sure that they will get back to you. Or just send them an email.

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
amncroft said:
Welcome Welcome Welcome...Lots to be learned on here. Just stay away from Penfold and Loki...rumor has it they are lovers...You don't want to get pulled into their circle of love...
:hug hahaha croft u have just been sucked into the circle of love.

Don't be jealous of Lok and besides, like Tupac said, "I get around...."
i thought the beach boys said that first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.