Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well.

Quick intro: I'm Hugh; a 20 year old guy working as a system administrator for an ISP. Started riding bikes when I was about 17 or 18. First bike was a Kawasaki KMX 125 cc; great fun and by law was the largest cc I could start on.

About a year later of using this bike, and after extending my provisional license for about twelve months, I decided I should finally get my small motorbike test out of the way. I did it and passed with flying colours using a Suzuki Marauder as it seemed in better condition (less likely to be failed for defects). This begun my year countdown before I could apply for a big bike license!

Few months later I swapped my KMX for a Hyosung GTr which I absolutely loved. Although it was a 125 it sounded much bigger, and looked huge due to the 600cc bike's frame it used.

Short-lived though, as a month or two later I went out to start it up in a bad mood, couldn't get it to go. I tried to bump start it numerous times and after getting frustrated, threw it on the ground, broke the handlebar on the left hand side and to top it off, I booted the petrol tank causing a leak. Nice one Hugh.

Following this I decided to purchase an RS 125, year 2007. This bike I loved and it had so much power in comparison to the previous 4 stroke sportsbike (Hyosung) I'd been on. Absolutely loved the power band.

Just a few months before I was allowed on my big bike though a lovely car didn't see my coming down the road on my bright red/yellow spain RS and pulled out on me, hitting me side on. It damaged the bike quite badly - but only cosmetically. I was in my gear so received minor injuries.

Next few months were painful; I'm still waiting for my insurance to come through and the packaging in my exhaust had been knocked loose (so you can imagine the racket and noise being generated). Didn't want to get anything fixed as I expected insurance to cover it, and I was due to go onto my big bike soon anyway.

During the months waiting a friend of mine had an R6 2008 for sale. Lazer exhaust on it which sounds beautiful, carbon mudguards, carbon tank parts, xenon headlights, tailtidy, nice new tires... and was only £3200 at 5500 miles. Seemed like a really good price. So good that I bought it!! I'd always wanted an R6 and I finally bloomin had one.

So, the months left passed and the day arrived; October the 1st. Poured down with rain for the first time in a month or two but it sure didn't stop me. Absolutely loved the bike, already feel comfortable with the power, and the security of having the ability to get out of dangerous situations feels great.

There's my story! R6 ride for the past two days, but loved the bike and the specific model I've got from the day I laid eyes on it. Sadly I live on a 40mph maximum speed island named Jersey in the Channel Islands, so I'm quite limited in terms of exploring the bikes capabilities. Island is 9 by 5 miles long, so pretty much know the place inside and out too. No tracks either!! Oh well, still love the bike and cannot wait to finish work today and get back on it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this all. Picture below of my first day on the beast.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy your bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts