Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going guys . Im your normal newbi always had a dirt bike , then when i was 18 got my first street bike a p.o.s katana but i was on two wheels and that was all that matterd . i sold that about three years ago and as i watched it drive away i couldnt understand why i had done that . Its taken me almost all this time to get to the point to beable to get another bike . Ive just got a 02 r6 kinda in ruff shape but im plainning on fixing it up to my best . mechanically it seems sound and the fairings will just have to wait . I dont have alot of knowledge on the 99-02 r6 and ive tryed to look some up but every thing i read is about an 03 or newer . Any words of wisdom would help . thanks for your time .

p.s befor i got on this site i thought i got a good deal. but i am a true squid cause i got burned after seeing what you guys paid and what there really worth is . oh well shit happens

·
I miss Cali rides :/
1,040 Posts
welcome to the forum and dont worry about it. its all a learning experience. just stay on top of your maintenance, ride safe and have fun. if you need manuals check out r6messagenet in the maintenance section. later.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys . You guys got any good websites for fairing and i need a gas tank but i may end up doing some bond-doe (i have know clue how thats spelled) .

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
ebay the fairings... 400ish for a full kit.

IMO--- DONT BONDO THE TANK! you can get a SICK carbon fiber tank from composite werks and they have a full body kit available... it'll only run ya about $5k. :nocontrol

Seriously, tho... ebay and 58cycle are your friends.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great only 5k ill buy two just incase i knock it in the drive way or something what a sweet deal. LOL .... ahhh yes the all mighty ebay where they have (IT) what ever IT is . Oh and i know i called myself this but what is a squid is it just a dumbass or is there more to it then that ?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
hello and welcome.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
Welcome to the forum man... Congrats on your new (used) purchase.

I would also have to say the 58cycle and ebay are going to be your best bet man.

Good luch ... Take pictures of your progress

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Squid Test Evaluation

So far, 26185 people (including you) have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated. Of those responses, the average grade is 53. Your grade was 78 (from 0 to 100), and 0 out of the 115 questions were left un-answered. The average number of questions answered in this test is 47.

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. Your score indicates that you are a halfway decent rider and wise-ass who is way too narcissistic his or her own good.

Thank you very much for taking the time for this survey! While you're here, feel free to look around the rest of this web site.

ok that took way to long but whatever im bored at work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts