Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New member (registered long time since but forgot... I'll explain :) ) from Midlands UK here. Just taken over an '00 R6 5EB from my other half.

She was on it as it was the lowest sports bike we could possibly find for her. She's 5'0, any bike shop we walked into would take one look at her and go "cruiser" and not give her any time as a result. (Apart from, amusingly, a guy at BMF last year who organises bike tours in the States who we asked briefly about doing Route 66 who looked at her and said "Fat Boy" :screwy )

Everyone said lowest sports bike was the 5EB so that's what she got. Was lowered when we got it but still took all the foam off the seat, 40mm lowering kit (which didn't seem to make it any lower than what was on there... guess that's what it had on already) and she rode it like that only ever able to get one toe down for 3 years, track and everything (mind you it's alright on track, you don't have to stop which was the only time she had a problem :D ). Over winter we got her a 400 which fits her much much better. After finishing get that together nicely wheeled that and the R6 next to each other on the drive. Took her 5 seconds sat on the R6 looking at her feet to decide she wasn't riding it again so I've taken her on rather than get rid of her, we've put a lot of time and money into getting her into the state she's in so seems a shame to see her go.

First plan is to get her back to standard: need the standard suspension linkage and a new side stand and maybe a standard seat to put on as well, set the forks back to standard, see if I can find some baffles for the can (very nice sounding Blue Flame but the baffles we've got don't fit, always just put the stock missile launcher on for tracks and MOT) and see how she goes.

Registered here last March as she was having charging problems. Looked for all the world like a reg/rec issue but a replacement reg/rec off a breaker didn't solve it, nor did a new pattern Chinese copy. Registered here with a view to asking for help of what to check next but before I got round to posting we'd managed to borrow a mate and work out what it was (the plug connector block that plugs into the reg/rec, would you believe?)

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,411 Posts
:wave

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Aloha!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.