Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been riding on an off for a few years. I just bought an 03 R6 Liquid Silver. I only got to ride it for about 2 weeks before I had to leave town for work, when I got home there was snow on the ground. I might get a couple more days of riding in this year, if not oh well, I've got a snowmobile to get me through the winter. When the snow's gone in the spring I'll be ready to ride it again... It was stock except for +4 in the rear. I've since put a Yoshi RS-3 Carbon slip on on it, and it's going to get a speedo healer and a PCIII before spring.

Some days I hate my job. I work on drilling rigs(thus my user name haha), sucks cause I'm gone for 2 weeks, then I'm home for 2 weeks, then gone again, but it's worth it.... :beerchug

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
welcome man... be sure that there are 16 teeth on your front sprocket - if not, you've got yourself a -1/+4 setup, and that's quite aggressive. have fun, and be safe!

oh, and speedoDRD > speedo healer (and they're WAY cheaper too... PLUS i "know a guy" for em) :sing :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gearing on the bike right now is 16/52, so far as I can find stock gearing is 16/48. So it's +4 in the rear... She loves to stand up, but doesn't keep up so well on the highway haha.

I'll do some thinkin about the speedodrd, so far I'm pretty tempted.

As far as the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, it doesn't look like I'm gonna get to ride this days off, and I'll be gone for 2 weeks.... Looks like I'm gonna be parked for the winter... Snowmobile will keep my occupied for awhile I guess....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts