Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm addicted to riding.

I check the weather forecasts religiously. When they're wrong or change against my favor I want to kill people... With the season slowly ending, I'm torn between needing to ride and my abhorrence of being cold (I am a chick afterall).

I promised her I'd put 600 more miles on her before the winter comes. I worry I lied to her... :nono

People on my Facebook page I think are sick of listening to me bitch about the weather. Every update is either about how I want to, can't or finally got to ride. :sing

I'm expecting to have a crazy case of PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) this winter. How about you?

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I dont think Ill get PMS this winter :sing

But I hear ya though...I could only imagine how moody Id get not to be able to ride year round...

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
thank god we only have a few rainy weeks..lol

but i feel your pain i got pissed when i couldnt rider her for a few days cant imagine for a few months

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quit your bitching and go ride... :fact
But it's COLD! That's the only thing more powerful than wanting to ride... my hatred of being cold.

Wanna keep me warm? :naughty

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
But it's COLD! That's the only thing more powerful than wanting to ride... my hatred of being cold.

Wanna keep me warm? :naughty
People who are truly addicted to riding don't need to start threads about, "I do this... blah, blah, blah... EXCEPT..."

Winter suit, winter gloves, heated grips if you have to... I'll even loan you my balls, except they get cold when riding in winter temps too...

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
I'm an addict... I don't check the weather channel at all... If I get caught in the rain so be it... (not that it really rains out here though...:sing)

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
People who are truly addicted to riding don't need to start threads about, "I do this... blah, blah, blah... EXCEPT..."

Winter suit, winter gloves, heated grips if you have to... I'll even loan you my balls, except they get cold when riding in winter temps too...
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot we could never truly be as dedicated to you. :nono

You'd be bitching like the rest of us if you lived somewhere with 4 seasons. :secret

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot we could never truly be as dedicated to you. :nono

You'd be bitching like the rest of us if you lived somewhere with 4 seasons. :secret
Err... you're the one who like to point out that you're a girl all the time... :dunce: we get it, Nancy... :rolleyes:

I've ridden many a cold winter and many a rainstorm without bitching a fraction of what you do... :fact

I've even ridden on grass without falling... :hammer

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I think everyone's ridden off-road better than I have without falling... :rolleyes:

·
Car? What Car?
2,335 Posts
I don't know what this PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) is. I just put on a little more clothing and go riding. Snow isn't bad, and neither is sleet. Black ice tho is.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Err... you're the one who like to point out that you're a girl all the time... :dunce: we get it, Nancy... :rolleyes:

I've ridden many a cold winter and many a rainstorm without bitching a fraction of what you do... :fact

I'm not one to agree with Maxx very often but he's got a point here. STFU and ride. Honestly it's not cold out at all yet, it got down to 40 last night and it's in the upper 60's now here. That too me is damn near perfect riding weather. Rain never bothered me either, yeah it sucks to be soaked through without rain gear but oh well, leather dries.

LMAO I think we all have ridden on the grass without falling

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I am constantly on the weather channel app on my phone. Every cig break at work I check it, then active topics, then AP news. LOL

I totally understand what you are saying with being obsessed. I always know the weather LOL. I even break down the barometric pressure and maps, etc.. I took a meteorology class when I was a kid. All my riding buddies txt me for the forecast instead of turning on the tv.

And it may be chilly now, but if you just go out, you get right used to it after 5 minutes. It's just like jumping in a pool

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
if your addicted to riding and cant take the winter ill be free to ride :sing

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
im usually good till mid january. i ride a lot and i get my fix, but then after a few months of not riding the itch grows and i find myself spending more time on the forum, b/c somehow that's the next best thing...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts