Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my HID kit and im having trouble in finding a secure place to place the ballast.

Could some of ya'll post pics of where you put your ballasts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I put mine between the foam on the side of the frame and the cowl i checked it multible times today and the engine heat dosnt build up there.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Full Size in my bike:

Slim in my bike:

One of Each:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the pics...but the 2007 front is quite a bit different from the 2004. im going to go look at it again, but the large ballasts are too big. The one time i found a place to mount it, it would interfer with the steering. I think i'll just send the big ones back and order the slim ones.

Anyone had any problems with the slim ones?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I mounted mine under the plastic panels. It was a tight fit but they fit.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Couldnt you just get extension witres and mount them anywhere? Its a game of strategic placement. On my buddies Ninja 250 we mounted the ballast to the gage pannel on the back side in the fairing. See if there is enough room in there. You can pull the pannel off over wheel from the head fairing. there is more room up under there for most peoples bikes... Its just pop rivits so it should be easy to just take a look....

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have an 06, setting on the bike on the left side i put it right under the top piece of plastic.

On the right side i didnt have the room so i stuck it to the anti freeze reservore. i had to move it arond alittle to make the wires clear the stearing,but it is solid and havent had any problems with it there.

this is from the opp. side of the bike:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mounted mine under the plastic panels. It was a tight fit but they fit.
I think im going to do it your way...but i still think im going to spend the extra 25 bucks and get the slim ballasts. The big ones just didn't seem that secure. If you get a second, could you post pics of how you secure them? Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pics...I could see the left side...but the right side is what was really giving me trouble. Any where i put it, it seemed to get knocked by the forks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Couldnt you just get extension witres and mount them anywhere? Its a game of strategic placement. On my buddies Ninja 250 we mounted the ballast to the gage pannel on the back side in the fairing. See if there is enough room in there. You can pull the pannel off over wheel from the head fairing. there is more room up under there for most peoples bikes... Its just pop rivits so it should be easy to just take a look....
I really liked where you placed your ballasts, but on the 07, there is a piece of plastic that blocks me from putting them where yours are. I think i might be able to ripe the whole head light faring off and undo the piece of plastic, but i really don't feel like doing that much work.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Thanks for the pics...I could see the left side...but the right side is what was really giving me trouble. Any where i put it, it seemed to get knocked by the forks.
I know. I had the same problem. I readjusted it like 7-8 times and finally got it. It is possible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts