Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
I can start one if you guys want. I don't know if the bikes use the same setup as cars but I can get decent deals on Philips ballast and bulb kits. 4100k or 6000k. I had one on my 99 M coupe for over a year until I sold the car and no problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I want the 4100K kit...but either is fine. YES, the car kits "SHOULD" work on our bikes.

i need a kit with TWO bulbs and two ballasts --- H7!!!

How about a price on both kits? I would be interested, but not in a kit with only one bulb and ballast...i want two :)

Let me know, or email me a set price if we can't get a group buy coming. [email protected]

Thanks

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
A kit consists of 2 ballasts and 2 bulbs. I've never seen them sell them seperately. I'll get prices in the morning.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i think thats just the way the pic comes out, havin light comin at the camera like that creates ghost lighting :cheers

but im interested in a GB for some HID

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
Well set it up then :mrgreen: I'd be more than glad to help the R6 folks out. My prices aren't that great cus I just buy one at a time on a personal level but I pay no tax (for TX folks) and receive a nice discount (resale license). The price structure is as follows:

Philips 4100k HID kit
$360

Philips 6000k HID kit
$460

Keep in mind these are what I pay for so no profit for me. I'm sure the distributor would offer a little more off if there were more than a couple. But for one or two, the price is as stated above.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hid

The glare is coming from the digital camera. Looks alot better when you see it in person. Really easy to install just gotta find a good place to hide the ballast. I put them underneath the windscreen. Real snug but it works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOAH those HIDS look great. What kit did you buy? Where from? What temp are those bulbs -- 4100? 6000?

HOw much did you pay and where from?

Hrm those prices aren't bad...If we could get them closer to 300 i will be first on the list.

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
300 for Philips kits are kinda rare. I've never seen them that low but I'll see what I can do.

Loki, I'm not much of a whore but I'll try :mrgreen:

·
Registered
304 Posts
i would be more interested with a lower price as well........how many need to sign for set to get a cheaper price..................... :?:
:hug (by the way this is people making a plan not a hug)

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
Well I can't do anything until I get 50 posts but I did just talk to the dealer. I got little off but need minimum of 5 total.

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
I have a suggestion, if you guys are looking more for 300 for HID kits, might I suggest you guys go in on a GB on bimmerforums.com? They aren't Philips but I don't think the difference is THAT great. 6000k is close to 320 shipped I believe. Just a suggestion...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.