Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a link to an write up that has images that work? All the write ups I have seen for the 1 gens have the pictures missing or photobucket had removed them. I ordered some hi and lo hid from amazon and the backs of the bulbs look really big, did I get the wrong kit I got h4 hi and Lo

·
sell me a red powerband
728 Posts
Post pictures of your bulbs if you're able, they will probably be bigger than stock because they have to have one of the following: the shield moves between hi/lo, there's a separate bulb at an angle or the bulb itself moves between hi/lo.

As far as write ups go, maybe refer to one of the other generation how-to's. The actual "wiring" is as easy as changing a bulb. Maybe just look up removing the fairing if that part seems daunting.

Sorry if none of that helps, but if you get stuck or lost at a particular step just snap some pictures and I'm sure you will get an answer within a day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just took off the covers and got right to it. I've done many hid in cars also. the new hid bulbs are really big and unlike the stock ones the rear is about 2 inches longer, and there's no way to get the oem light clip to keep the bulb in with the back being so long. I've never seen a hid bulb like this maybe it's because I never had a hi and lo bulbs. I think im goung to return them and get just lo beams. Should be bright enough with just lows. Plus I don't want to really wire the switch up and have to zip tie all the wiring and hide it all. Should have just stayed simple

·
Registered
117 Posts
yep, just swap the bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts