Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, :confused:

I've done HID installs on cars, very simple. I knew it would be harder on a bike but I am lost right now, Do any of the install guides on the Forum include the Relay Harness?

So, according to most of the write-ups, the two harnesses on the right (red) is where you splice into the stock harness, seems simple enough.

But as you can see with the photo below, the Relay Harness plugs into bot sides, and only has one Female plug on the end, Which would only allow me to wire it to one side of the headlights instead of both. How exactly do I go about wiring it in and maintaining my High Beam headlight switch?

OR, Would it be possible to simply wire that one plug to the left side headlight wiring, and simply have the high-beam switch control both headlights? Not sure if that would overload the one side....

Good chance I am just looking at it wrong since its 230am. But if someone could clarify I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you just wire it to the side that is always on and hook the high beam side up how it already is so it maintains switch use. You can set it up so both are always on via the switch but people constantly flash their brights at me with the high beam on.
I just pulled my whole assembly off and ran everything how it needed to go. Made much more sense after that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts