Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed HID's on my 2004 R6. Looks sweet and lights up the road alot better. Also there is significantly less heat from the lights. The hid's are running only 35 watts so that helps with the battery. Check out this link for pics.

http://public.fotki.com/NVmy04R6/

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hid install.

I used a hella 8000k kit. I bought it off ebay. About 450 bucks. The install was easy. Just plug and play. Only hard part is finding a mounting place and making sure the ground wire is attached to a metal surface. Also making the wires tidy, but its really easy to do.

·
Registered
963 Posts
the pics of your bike looks good. did you sand down the plastics before you painted your mids black?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i didn't. My friend who paints cars for a living helped me. He did sprayed them with something to make the paint stick better i assume.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The HID conversion looks wicked bud. Glad it worked out for ya. I was thinking about either going angel eyes or HID. But after seeing your pics i wanna go HID.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Romeo. I think it sounds pretty good.. Not too loud but deep enough when you hit the throttle people will know you are coming. If i can do a sound clip i'll send it to you so u can see it. And with the angel eyes; i got a buddy says after a long day of riding or over time your stock lights my melt the angel eyes, so be careful. If you need help with your HID setup let me know, always willing to help another R6er!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanx

Yo thanx a lot bro for the advice on the angel eyes. But yea i wanna go HID for sure. Do you have an email i can reach u at cause if i do it it wont be for a while.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanx a lot for being so helpful bud and thanx for the email. i'll hit you up when im ready to do my set up. what year r6 do you have btw?

·
Registered
157 Posts
what kind of turn signals do you have?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts