Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that ebay has a large range of HID lights pricing from $30 and up. Anyone know if these $30 lights are good. Theirs also a pair for $45 which offers a 14 month warranty. Any suggestions on which ones to buy?

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
Take a look at shipping.... if the kits are 30, the shipping is gonna be like 60. Its their way of making you think you have a deal.

But ya, i think most kits are right around 100 on ebay now. Big difference from 2 or 3 years ago when they were 350

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, it up to you. You get what you pay for. On the other hand, We currently have a group buy special for forum members for the Lite Eyes HID headlights for the R6. Here is a link. http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63572

You can also visit the website - www.liteeyes.com.

We won't compare company or products on ebay, but we have had great reviews from our customers and dealers. If you want a true HID kit with waterproof compact digital ballasts for motorcycles, a reliable product with no headache and hassles, and from a reputable company, Lite Eyes HID kits are the way to go.

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
so the price of the bulbs is .99 and shipping is 30... look at his feedback auction history, most of the auctions for the kits have gone for 30-45$ for the kit, plus 30 for shipping.... this is a normal ebay price

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I got mine from hidgate on eBay. Cheaper then the competition and awesome so far. Also got a free key chain with the order! :D

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
ive been talking to that seller u posted, seems like a great guy so far

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
I got mine from hidgate on eBay. Cheaper then the competition and awesome so far. Also got a free key chain with the order! :D
x2 just ordered yesterday.

I forgot to mention something in my order so shot them an email and they responed almost immediately.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Has anyone used the "lighteyes" mentioned above? Or should I just stick with the ebay auction?
We have had several forum members purchase from us, and we try to ask them to post reviews and comments. We are a forum sponsor, and try to stay on the forums to answer any questions, and to provide help to those who need it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
We have had several forum members purchase from us, and we try to ask them to post reviews and comments. We are a forum sponsor, and try to stay on the forums to answer any questions, and to provide help to those who need it.
ok i'm gonna rant a little

i like to support site sponsors but what makes your kit worth 190$ compared to the multiple kits i've bought for 70$ a peice

i know you get what you pay for (most of the time) but i see that you only sell the slim ballasts that would've made things alot easier but you then have the problem of fitting in the ignitor and i think the exta 3/8 of an inch in the ballast would be easier to deal with than having two boxes to deal with no offense but i've just experienced that most internet companies are selling the same products i could have gotten from elsewhere minus the markup i'm not getting any personal gain from this i just want people to get the most for their money (its the american way)

i have bought from many site sponsors just because they are site sponsors but at 2 1/2 times the price you better be installing these for me

comparitevely its like buying a chevy 1500 for 65000 or a ford f150 for 25000

i'm not that big of a chevy fan:poke

if my thinking is skewed in anyway please inform me of my folly thats why i visit www.r6-forum.com

·
Registered
127 Posts
ok i'm gonna rant a little

i like to support site sponsors but what makes your kit worth 190$ compared to the multiple kits i've bought for 70$ a peice

i know you get what you pay for (most of the time) but i see that you only sell the slim ballasts that would've made things alot easier but you then have the problem of fitting in the ignitor and i think the exta 3/8 of an inch in the ballast would be easier to deal with than having two boxes to deal with no offense but i've just experienced that most internet companies are selling the same products i could have gotten from elsewhere minus the markup i'm not getting any personal gain from this i just want people to get the most for their money (its the american way)

i have bought from many site sponsors just because they are site sponsors but at 2 1/2 times the price you better be installing these for me

comparitevely its like buying a chevy 1500 for 65000 or a ford f150 for 25000

i'm not that big of a chevy fan:poke

if my thinking is skewed in anyway please inform me of my folly thats why i visit www.r6-forum.com

I definitely understand your concern. We're a manufacturing company in business since 1999. We produce high quality lighting products. You are correct that the ignitor is separate, but I haven't heard of any problems with installation.

There is a lot of confusion regarding why our products are better. Please allow me to take the time to help you understand our product better.

We do sell only digital ballasts for many reasons. When comparing digital ballasts to standard magnetic ballast, there are many differences.

First, the size. Our ballasts are typically 1/2 or even 1/3 the weight. This makes for a heavier product, and also a more difficult installation.

Lite Eyes ballasts also have attached mounting tabs. The standard ballast requires a special bracket which makes installation even more difficult.

Lite Eyes digital ballast has a faster startup than standard ballasts.

Lite Eyes ballast can reach full brightness in under 1 minute, as opposed to standard ballasts that can take 5,10, or even 20 minutes (depending on the quality of the components).

Lite Eyes digital ballast produces less heat than standard ballasts. Since we use high quality components, and an aluminum casing with heat vents, this helps to keep the heat to a minimum.

Lite Eyes digital ballasts have a safety shut off in the event of a short circuit, or insufficient (less than 9V), or even excessive voltage (greater than 16V).

Light output (Lumens) is generally shorter over time with a magnetic ballast.

When comparing to other digital ballasts manufacturers, the case may look similar, but the components are not always the same.

The components inside our ballasts are high quality. One major component that is often compromised at the factory is the capacitors used. We use high temp and higher quality rated capacitors. This helps prolong the life of the ballast and other components.

Some of the other components we use (the power transformer, and transistors - which are important components), are also high quality.

These are just a few things that are different from our kits.

One example of product comparison, is the standard aftermarket headlight bulbs. I know Piaa and Sylvania silverstars are a popular choice, but these bulbs are relatively more expensive than their counterparts on ebay. But why do people continue to buy the Piaa and Sylvania brand bulbs, and swear by them. When looking at them side by side, they may appear to be very similar, just a headlight bulb with painted glass, and maybe a special xenon gas inside, but if you compare the actual manufacturing, you'll notice one product is manufactured to be an inexpensive product.

Our prices have significantly reduced over the years. $190 for our high quality parts is a very reasonable price. I do see what you mean when comparing to other HID kits on ebay, but please know that the parts on ebay are different, and the seller is not always truly representative of themselves. By this, I mean I've seen some posts on the forums about people not being able to get a hold of the seller when there is a problem, and the worst thing someone can do is to leave negative feedback on their ebay account. When there is 98% positive feedback for someone with 1,000's of feedback, relatively speaking, that's a lot of unhappy people, but when you're pushing product the way they are, who cares, right? I believe this is the mindset of the general ebay seller (not all of them, but some).

Lite Eyes has committed staff to help on the forums to help mainstream our products. This is why we have become site sponsors, and you will see we try to be helpful and answer any questions people may have.

I hope this can help answer your questions. We are here to help out. :)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
thank you for the reply you make some very valid points and i understand you take your time to build a quality product

my personal experiences
i have bought 4 sets now from hidgate
the oldest is 3 years
i actually had one of my bulbs that were broken i contacted them i had a reply in less than 6 hours and a replacement bulb in 2 days
i do not know much about what kind of ballasts these are digital or not
i know startup time is maybe 40 seconds
and i've never felt any heat from any of the ballasts i've ever installed
the attached mounting tabs are a toss up, i had a truck where i was glad it had the mounting bracket! and on my bike i just used some double sided tape

quick question how often does the ignitor go out and is it replacable or is it wired in

honestly i like a quality product and would rather buy something from a seller here in the united states than from abroad i really have never skimped on quality but dollar for dollar i feel the lights i have purchased were a good buy and with the economy the way it is even if i have a whole set go out i'm out another 70$ and a little time and frustration thats still 50$ worth of gas money left

and please don't take this the wrong way i just wanted the reasons and you gave them to me i just dont find them good enough reason to justify spending an extra 120$ on hid kits that have mounting tabs and
"high quality components"

I have always believed you get what you pay for but just because its expensive doesn't mean it good
take those $100 ugly a$$ orange FUBU t-shirts for example...not good

but i may just purchase a set for my bike to try out because i think the
8000k are just a bit to purple for my liking and was gonna try the 6000k's so for the sake of curiosity i will order a set in the near future for testing purposes so the members of r6-forum.com can have the most accurate information to make purchases

·
Registered
127 Posts
thank you for the reply you make some very valid points and i understand you take your time to build a quality product

my personal experiences
i have bought 4 sets now from hidgate
the oldest is 3 years
i actually had one of my bulbs that were broken i contacted them i had a reply in less than 6 hours and a replacement bulb in 2 days
i do not know much about what kind of ballasts these are digital or not
i know startup time is maybe 40 seconds
and i've never felt any heat from any of the ballasts i've ever installed
the attached mounting tabs are a toss up, i had a truck where i was glad it had the mounting bracket! and on my bike i just used some double sided tape

quick question how often does the ignitor go out and is it replacable or is it wired in

honestly i like a quality product and would rather buy something from a seller here in the united states than from abroad i really have never skimped on quality but dollar for dollar i feel the lights i have purchased were a good buy and with the economy the way it is even if i have a whole set go out i'm out another 70$ and a little time and frustration thats still 50$ worth of gas money left

and please don't take this the wrong way i just wanted the reasons and you gave them to me i just dont find them good enough reason to justify spending an extra 120$ on hid kits that have mounting tabs and
"high quality components"

I have always believed you get what you pay for but just because its expensive doesn't mean it good
take those $100 ugly a$$ orange FUBU t-shirts for example...not good

but i may just purchase a set for my bike to try out because i think the
8000k are just a bit to purple for my liking and was gonna try the 6000k's so for the sake of curiosity i will order a set in the near future for testing purposes so the members of r6-forum.com can have the most accurate information to make purchases

It's no problem, I'm happy to help and answer any questions. Please know that I'm not talking bad about ebay, I'm just saying that not all kits are the same (on a side note, not all LED's are the same. I was explaining elsewhere differences in LED's).

Also, If I may point out, with the exception of ebay, relatively speaking, Lite Eyes has very competitive prices with othe companies. I've noticed other people asking about xenonrider, and a few other companies. I'm sure this is also the case for companies/products in other industries.

Also, just to clarify any confusion, Lite Eyes 6,000K is pure white, 8,000K is white with a hint of blue, 10,000K is blue, and 12,000K is purple. This way, you can get the exact color you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts