Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with HIDs on there bike. I was going to purchase 2 for my bike but the dealer was not wanting me to buy them they have had a lot of issues with them going out. Not sure if theyc are installing wrong or what but canx anyone make a suggestions on what to get.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Hit up one of the forum vendors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In april i purchased a new left over 2012 r6 from the dealer with warranty….i was in the same spot your in confused weather or not to install hids after dealer told me not to. I purchased a xentec kit 2 ballasts and 2 bulbs for 33.00 shipped! Then when i was reading all the how to's i had 2 options….cut a hole in the stock dust caps for the head light bulbs or try to fish them through the stock hole which looked like a pain especially since you'd have to do this with every replacement bulb. Heres what i did and it's completely reverserable within 15 minutes to make it back to stock literally with no evidence of even taking the dust cover off; Once you take the dust cover over look on the bottom of the opening theres literally a cut out and you can bend the wires around this cutout and get the dust cover back on perfectly!! i don't know if just 2012's are like this or what because i can't believe someone else hasn't noticed this before. If you don't know exactly what i mean i could post a picture of how i did it and ill say it again i didnt cut anything wires or dust cover and you can't see anything once its all back together and completely reversible in minutes without buying anything!

·
Registered
15 Posts
it took a few minutes pushing it in but it'll go and i checked it 30 days after and it didn't break the rubber casing on the wire

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just put projectors in at the same time I wanted to do hids. Really wasn't to bad of an install. Only problem I had was one halo ring go out, they sent me another one. But I really didn't feel like taking the whole headlight apart again to install it yet. Probably something I'll wait until winter to do ��

·
My bike hates me
776 Posts
I bought HIDs from agg but never got the chance to put them in. I decided i wanted to hit a deer and fcuk my bike up before i got them!

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
I got my HIDs from Agg (actually, my girlfriend did). My bike's a 2nd gen but I can't say enough good things about buying from him. I got the relay kit just in case, but ended up not needing it (oh well, its in the shop if I ever need it).

A few weeks ago I got caught in a downpour, I'm talking bucket-washing, and my lights cut out. I automatically feared the ballasts had gotten wet and sent Agg a PM here about getting a replacement. He responded the same day and gave me some tips to check out a few issues before pulling the ballasts, but also confirmed he could send me replacements (if I needed them) at a more than fair price. It ended up that I have a bad connection where my headlight harness goes into the main harness, but I still cant thank Agg enough for being an awesome vendor.

My only caveat is that i never got a sticker with my block-off plates... the nerve of some people. :)

·
Yamaha
3 Posts
lol just install them, its super easy and 100% reversible if you have problems or decide you don't want them. If you're going to drill into your dust caps like I did then just order a couple off Ebay so you can put it back to stock whenever you want.

·
insert catchy phrase
4 Posts
my guess would be sub-par bulbs and/or ballast. GO FOR IT!:YEA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts