Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy first off, I new to the forum I have a 08 yellow r6, I'm looking at getting an HID conversion kit for my bike, I read just about every thread dealing with HID. My question is I read some good stuff about XenonRider and they have the slim ballasts.

Have any of you guys looked at the HIDs from this place it's either between the 8000k on this website or http://www.kbcarstuff.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=h7

or the ones on xenonrider http://www.xenonrider.com/products/h7_xenon_hid_kits.shtml

I'll post pics later of my bike all the mods and the lights.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I spent $70 on a Xenon 6000k kit from ebayer "HIDgate". I got the normal size ballasts but got them mounted no problem. If you want to spend $40-$50 more for the slim ballasts its up to you. Mine work and the light output is great. :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
www.liteeyes.com
check out this site i have heard good thing about it look at the hid section
Thanks for the referral. :)

You can get our Lite Eyes HID headlight kit with waterproof compact digital ballasts for your 08 R6. Use the coupon code "lightitup" to receive 15% off your entire order. Priority shipping is free.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
I bought HID's off ebay, they have worked and I have no problems with them. Its a great thing even though the shipping is high it is still cheaper than buying them at an actual store. I also have a set of HID's from Omni-X, they are no different than the ebay set. Recently I tried the slim ballasts. They are easier to mount for sure, but not necessary. I would suggest save the money and get the full size ballasts, but the slims are much easier to mount...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got mine from xenonriders.com. It has been great so far. I only got the lo beam for now. They have great communication and superfast shipping.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I got mine from xenonriders.com. It has been great so far. I only got the lo beam for now. They have great communication and superfast shipping.
What temp? I had low in only and it annoyed me... I liked the 2 different colors but it bugged me after a while.... Haha....

·
I eat gixxer's
520 Posts
I gotta debate. 6000k or 8000k, damnit. I got 8000k's in my truck and they light it up pretty well...

I'm going with 8000k, cause the blue looks cleaner. One more time, can someone clarify that we use H7's?

·
Registered
749 Posts
H7's on 03 and newer R6's... 99-02 are H4

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh and just because Yamaha is so dumb... If you have the Projector lights like on my 04R6... They still only have 2 bulbs, not 4 like you would expect....

·
Registered
127 Posts
I gotta debate. 6000k or 8000k, damnit. I got 8000k's in my truck and they light it up pretty well...

I'm going with 8000k, cause the blue looks cleaner. One more time, can someone clarify that we use H7's?
We get that question a lot, so I decided to put the bulb sizes in my signature. :)

If you take a look at our website - www.liteeyes.com, you can see comparisons of the different color temperature of the Lite Eyes HID headlight kits on motorcycles and cars.

·
Registered
749 Posts
We get that question a lot, so I decided to put the bulb sizes in my signature. :)
I just want to help out. The 99-02 did not have the one sided headlight. The H4 lights are a dual filiment bulb, both sides act as a lo/hi. You just need 2 H4 bulbs 1 for each side, they both act as a lo beam and a hi beam....

Speeking of which, I hear a lot of retrofitters making the H4 fit on newer bikes so you dont have one side lo...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just want to help out. The 99-02 did not have the one sided headlight. The H4 lights are a dual filiment bulb, both sides act as a lo/hi. You just need 2 H4 bulbs 1 for each side, they both act as a lo beam and a hi beam....

Speeking of which, I hear a lot of retrofitters making the H4 fit on newer bikes so you dont have one side lo...
I've heard of people doing that. I don't know how they fit the H4 bulb in the H7 housing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts