Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got them installed this morning, how do they look?

·
Registered
183 Posts
look really good man, what kind are they? Also what kind of windscreen is that?

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xentec, got them off Ebay. The Windscreen is Zero Gravity, pretty nice. My bike is pretty dirty for the pics, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Looks great. I bought mine off eBay a couple days ago. Should be getting them this week. I will post some pics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Love it!!

That is what i want to do to my 08 so it gives me a good idea of what it will look like. How did you match up the centre light out of cuiousity?

How do you find them? I hear people whinge about the light being too spread and not concentrated where it should be.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just searched ebay for an H7 6000K Kit. The Center Light is From http://superlumination.com/194.htm . The light for the most part is pretty concentrated, a little spread on high, but it was like that with the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You cant go wrong with HIDs, once you see the light output you will understand how nice they are. even during the day i still ride with high beam on, people will definately see them during the day, I only get cars flashing me every once and a while at night even with the high beam on.

search ebay for these sellers:
xenonrider - believe they are $130
hidgate - same as xenon rider but comes in plain white box and no stickers $70

I have both sets and they work awesome

The 3rd eye light looks hot that bright, I had a normal blue 194 bulb in there and it was ok, but being that bright in blue would be awesome, so i ordered one, thanks for the link

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Bozzo06,

After you installed them, when your low beams are on, just your left headlight is on, then the high beam is just both at the same time?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a Xentec kit in my truck and I love it. Xentec now has a digital slim ballast which would fit nicely on the r6. $80.00 on ebay.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It might not focus as well as a projector, but it is a million times better then stocker bulbs. You can see everything at night so much better. Also last time I checked the glare doesnt hit me in the face while riding:D

The center light is a 194 LED bulb

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bozzo06,

After you installed them, when your low beams are on, just your left headlight is on, then the high beam is just both at the same time?
its the same as stock, so yeah low beams is just the left, high is both.

·
Registered
15 Posts
how much do HIDs run, and i have an 08. can i get a center LED for it? my center light is never on at all. is that normal for 08s? my 07 one worked...

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
I have the Xentec kit also. Probably bought it from the same guy, don't know of anyone else on ebay selling them beside autoluminate, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150239638782&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=150239104245&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo=CRX&its=S%2BI%2BSS&itu=ISS%2BUCI%2BSI&otn=4

Oh and to answer the question about the headlight being on and off, the lights operate the same as stock so left only on low and both on high.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Wow looks great I cant wait to install mine the 6000k looks more blue than you think. I like it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have a Xentec kit in my truck and I love it. Xentec now has a digital slim ballast which would fit nicely on the r6. $80.00 on ebay.
I orered the Digital slim ballasts off ebay. They came in and were the regular size. Now the company wont respond to my claim. The full size still fits easily under the windscreen... I went with the 10000K

·
Registered
127 Posts
I orered the Digital slim ballasts off ebay. They came in and were the regular size. Now the company wont respond to my claim. The full size still fits easily under the windscreen... I went with the 10000K
Sorry to hear that. I always let people know about our Lite Eyes HID headlight kit with waterproof compact digital ballasts. They have a full 2 year warranty, and are very reasonably priced. I see some people post links to ebay auctions for HID kits that are cheap, and although I say it all the time, we are a sponsor on many forums, and we guarantee our products. Since we are the actual manufacturer, there is no ebay seller trying to pass off a cheap product to you.

You can order the Lite Eyes HID kit on www.liteeyes.com. Use the coupon code "lightitup" to receive 15% off your entire order.

After using the coupon code "lightitup", the single kit is only $102, and the double kit is $161.50. Priority shipping is free.

Like I said, all the kits come with our compact digital ballasts, and full 2 year warranty. If you have any issues with the kit, you can contact us, and we will take care of it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts