Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
That is primarily up to you. 6k is more white and produces more light than the 8k.

I've run 10k in the 2 cars in my sig, then I ran 6k in my beater and R6, I'll never go above 6k again.

-Ant.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
I'm more into light output then look. So I'd go 4300K. But of those two options 6000K.

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
werd.. go to krypton bulbs. they have them for cheap and its good quality.

i would go for the 6k since its a little brighter and less glare...

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
6k here...and love them to death...

But if I were to do it all over again...Id get a 6k low beam and 4300k high beam...

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts
i have 8k and love them. have had 6k too and loved them.

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
I would go with 6K, I put 8K in my truck and my bike, but I went with 6 in my quad (the last install I did) and I definately like it better. I also have 6K in the old ladys car.

To be honest I do like them both.... but I really want to see my truck with 6k's and decide.... just dont have time for my toys anymore LOL.

I do have a side by side pic actually.... but you cant tell much from it. PM me your cell number and ill shoot you a pic. Hell, just text me 585-478-2899 and Ill reply with it.

Thanks
Josh

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
o wait I know.... get a 6k set... and buy a pair of 8k bulbs :)

lol.... total order would be $70 shipped inside the US

Actually, ill do it for $65 shipped, text me if you want to do that and ill give you a coupon code for it

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
I rock 8k on both my bike and my wife's Pilot. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably go 6k. But I do love my 8k for the color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts