Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought an 01 r6 a few weeks ago and i am getting ready to go get an inspection done on the bike to make it completely legal, but i have no low beams on the bike. when i turn the switch down to low beam the lights go out. was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, or know of where i can get a wiring diagram so i can trace the problem myself. thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
my best bet would be the bulbs themself. You just need to buy some new bulbs, low beam filament is just blown out. Spend 7.99 (or more expensive ones if you want) at your local Auto store for a pair of H4 bulbs. and problem solved.

·
Registered
749 Posts
They are H4 Bulbs on that bike. Lo/ Hi is both in one bulb. SO I agree its probably the bulb. Get one at walmart so if it doesnt really fix the problem you can take it back no questions asked :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool can do. heres a dumb question for yahs, being new to the r6, are both headlights supposed to be on when low beams are on, as well as high beams? or is it liek other bikes where one headlight goes out when lows are on, and both are on when high beams are on? sorry for the dumb question.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Wonderful yamaha... 2003 on one side for low both sides for hi. 99-02 they were dual filiment bulbs and both were on for low and both for hi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts