Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, noob here so sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm looking to pick up an 09 R6 next weekend and I just found out that the one I'm interested in has 12k miles on it. What I'm wondering is if that amount of miles should of concern to me. Once again, sorry if this is a dumb question, just a noob here dying to ride! :)

p.s. flamesuit on.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Not at all if it was well maintained. Ask for maintenance records, and if he won't let you test ride it, ask him too, so you can hear how it sounds. That thing is still getting broken in if it has been ridden correctly

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Hi guys, noob here so sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm looking to pick up an 09 R6 next weekend and I just found out that the one I'm interested in has 12k miles on it. What I'm wondering is if that amount of miles should of concern to me. Once again, sorry if this is a dumb question, just a noob here dying to ride! :)

p.s. flamesuit on.
Yeah not at all bro, Id buy any 6 with over 30,000 miles and not a concern in mind except tires, chain, sprocket, and brakes... but that's perfectly normal on any motorcycle with a decent amount of miles.

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
32k on mine, and I still out run most bicycles hahaha:lmao:lmao

·
1,222 Posts
one day you will walk out annnnnd... :poke
My baby is like a used old whore, she'll keep going, you'll just have to do most of the work haha

·
^ Jose, but call me Chato
3,729 Posts
Miles will always very from year round riding climate areas, to 6 months out of the year riding climate. Big help is always the maintenance records.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Welcome to the forum:wave

My 08 has 40k miles on it...has ZERO issues and screams like a banshee

·
1,222 Posts

:stupic

not quite at the 40k mark, but she does scream

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts

daaaamn bro how the hell did you get 40k miles on an 08? its only 3 years old? I thought I put alot of miles on mine doing 7k in 1 year?

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
daaaamn bro how the hell did you get 40k miles on an 08? its only 3 years old? I thought I put alot of miles on mine doing 7k in 1 year?
84 miles a day since august of 08...

1680miles/ month
20160/ year

I dont ride much in the winter (its cold and rains sometimes here)

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
84 miles a day since august of 08...

1680miles/ month
20160/ year

I dont ride much in the winter (its cold and rains sometimes here)
:bow

1 - 20 of 35 Posts