Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 R6. It has a PC3, full Acropovic exhaust, and K&N air filter. In October of 2016 I had the chain come off the rear sprocket and crack a hole in the tranny case. I let it sit for almost a year and then I sold it to a mechanic. I bought the bike back 2 weeks ago (June 2019) and he had repaired the tranny case. The issue now is that the bike doesn’t run nearly the same. While riding, if I pin the throttle it will be totally normal until about 10K rpm, it will begin to hesitate. If I only give it 75% throttle it will make it to about 13k rpm before bogging. It’s a wild raspy bog. The guy who I had sold it to said he had tried to fix it by replacing the spark plugs and it changed nothing. He said he also cleaned all the electrical contacts for the coils. So I replaced the fuel pump and it changed nothing. I unplugged the Power Commander and it changed nothing. I have seen a couple other posts describing this exact same problem in this forum but there was never a solution. Any recommendations are helpful. The bike currently has 60K on the motor. Low to mid range rpm has perfect normal power.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
What do the ignition coils ohm out too? Voltage drop reading between engine and battery negative post? (all accessories running including fan and at higher RPM)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts