Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was at Buttonwillow yesterday and i notice that on hight rpms at around 15.5-17,000 rpms my gears would not want to engaging to the next gear up if I tried to shift without using the clutch just cutting the throttle..just curious is anyone may know why I am having this issue? I have been riding for about 8 years now and always on street bike have always shifted like that unless in town and city driving I use the clutch. I have a 2008 R6. Thanks for any input anyone may have.

·
Registered
188 Posts
cutting the throttle isn't always sure fire way to get the bike to shift. A lot of factors go into play when we cut the throttle and hit the gear pedal. If you haven't changed your oil recently, I would do that and look for any metal shavings/flakes. If you see a lot of metal, it could indicate a problem. You could always try just letting off the throttle a little longer to give the engine a little time to match up with the transmission.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
If it's not switching, then there is still too much engine load. You're probably trying to do it too fast, or you're not letting off the gas enough. I can't say that I've experimented with that technique though since I use a quick shifter.

I was out there too. Hope you had fun! :cheers

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's not switching, then there is still too much engine load. You're probably trying to do it too fast, or you're not letting off the gas enough. I can't say that I've experimented with that technique though since I use a quick shifter.

I was out there too. Hope you had fun! :cheers

Yeah I ended up doing that or using the clutch. I just did the oil change but going to do it this week again since I think my oil sensor is having some issues. I will take a look into any metal shavings, hopefully not but I'll see.

Had a lot of fun other than getting pushed off track once it was a good day. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts