Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘04 R6. When I start the bike it screams! I have adjusted the Diag code (01) to 15, 13, 12, 8, etc., and the issues stands. I purchased a new TPS and the issue still stands. Please help!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you recently change your ecu? I changed my ecu, but it was for a r6r, when the bike starts it would Rev by itself for a few Seconds then stop. Like Rev up to like 5-6 rpm for like 10 Seconds. I changed to the correct ecu and got rid of the problem

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you recently change your ecu? I changed my ecu, but it was for a r6r, when the bike starts it would Rev by itself for a few Seconds then stop. Like Rev up to like 5-6 rpm for like 10 Seconds. I changed to the correct ecu and got rid of the problem

I have not changed the exu

[/QUOT

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Completely back-off the throttle plate screw, so the throttle plates are closed. (look at where the screw meets the stop, NOT at the throttle plates) Adjust auto choke screw for a ~2,000 RPM cold idle, and after warm-up, use the throttle plate stop screw to adjust idle back to ~1,400 RPM. Auto choke cylinder and the sliding assemblies may need to be cleaned up prior. Also, it relies on cooling system pressure... so a leaky thermostat, low coolant, air the system or bad radiator cap will contribute to malfunction.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
By the way, when you post codes, tell us what they mean. Whatever all those nine-hundred and ninety-nine codes are, are the likely clue to the issue. I just get tired of looking them up. Please do that first and post their meaning, before following the instructions I posted above. Otherwise you'll potentially make things worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really appreciate the feedback. The diag code I am referring to d01 is for the TPS. I set it to 18, but still did not see a change. Sorry for not specifying the code when I submitted my posted. The only fault code I have now is 22, which is a “failure temperature sensor in the inlet/error in the inlet temperature sensor”, which I believe it is just not connected properly versus being broken, but I will check on it. My battery is practically dead at this point, as the engine will not turn over. My multimeter shows 11.5v, so now I am waiting a 5amp charger to arrive in the mail. Once I get the battery situation figured out I will try your suggested efforts with the throttle plate screw. Thank you again for the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts