Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope im in the right forum. I accidentally dropped my helmet today. :nonoIt was like trying to grab a football when its rolling away from you lol. I got kinda nervous when a chick at school who never really talks to me just started talkin bout how she likes bikes and thinks ridin one with me would be cool. :YEAWooHoo! Thank god she didnt see when it happend I woulda lost cool points with her right there.
Back to the helmet, It didnt fall that hard and then it just rolled. I heard somewhere that when you drop it you mess up the structural integrity of the helmet and its better to get a new one. Thing is I just got this one last week. What do you guys think? Is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeh dude. its fine. i race motocross and the ritual is to actually drop a brand new helmet for luck. i guess go ahead and put the first scratch on it so the ground doesn't

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah it was like 2 1/2 feet maybe 3. but i dont see any cracks or chips on the helmet. I inspected it carefully. I did hear a little whistling when I rode home. I dont know if it was cuz of the vents werent closed or open all the way. I cant remember if it was there before i dropped it lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is one of the reasons I bought an Arai. If you wreck or drop your helmet and are unsure you can send it to them and they'll go over it for structural damage you might not be able to see.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is one of the reasons I bought an Arai. If you wreck or drop your helmet and are unsure you can send it to them and they'll go over it for structural damage you might not be able to see.

really?! thats kinda cool. maybe one day i can get a highend one like the rest of you guys on here:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts