Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, anybody hit a jack rabbit yet? I almost ran over one in my neighborhood but avoided quickly. it was at night. But I was wondering if anybody actually hit one of those things.

my buddy told me that his buddy was going 90mph and hit a deer and split the deer in two without any injury to the bike. I told him to tell his friend to stop smoking crack.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man, i guess he was telling the truth (half). he said something about how the tires were rolling so fast and that's what made it split the deer in half.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see rabbits here all the time. Everytime I see one, it scares the jebus out of me... which is silly. a grown man scared of a rabbit... it's a strange world.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Never a Rabbit but I did hit a deer. Well actually I guess you can say we hit eachother. I was on Hwy 26 in Nor Cal came around a curve next thing I see is brown coming down on me. The deer jumped off an embankment right on top of me. It went boucing across the road and down the cliff (I imagine at that time I was thrown off the bike). We could hear it making all kinds of noises down the hill.

As for my bike just small cosmetics/fairing damage. Nothing too bad. Me just a couple bruises. No road rash.

Make things worse the bike is an 08 SE. when it happened had it for 2 days. Lessoned learned though. Could have been way worse if I had crossed lanes and went down the cliff.

Watch out for animals too, we are always watching for idiot cagers! Glad you missed it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, several days after getting our 07 R6 I hit a rabbit. It was my second time riding the bike. I did'nt have time to get scared. He jumped out and I noticed him w/ my peripheral vision. I tagged him w/ my right toes. Completely skinned his head. As someone once told me....there are squashables & non-squashables! I feel the same as others, any object in the roadway scares me if it can move!

·
"Man's Game, B*t*h"
20 Posts
I must say that hitting anything on a bike would suck!

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
If an animal is in the road, the best thing to do is speed up...

·
Registered
560 Posts
man i almost hit a cat the other day. i stopped in time and the cat was about 5ft in front of me just staring at me after i stopped for it lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
i nailed one the other day when it came out of nowhere
scared the hell out of me...i thought it was over =0

but it just rolled under the tires.. =/
it was just a "plump plump"
but then again i was coming out of a sharp corner in a neighborhood..id say about 45-50mph

sad news for him..
good news for me.

·
Jennings rocks!
1,434 Posts
I hit a turtle on along a beach road. The little guy clipped the left of my front tire and went spinning into the sand. Was crazy to see this little shell go skidding along like Mario Kart or something haha.

It just jerked my front wheel a little. Could have been a lot worse I imagine..

·
Registered
991 Posts
Animals suck when your on a bike. I've hit a pheasant, and two other birds. Ran over an opossum than just so happened to run the way I jerked the bike over to. Had near misses with deer and a coyote. I thought I was the only one that had so many Ace Ventura problems.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see deers lurking when I'm riding around in the rural area. I just know, they're waiting for me to look down at my Tech so they could jump in front of me and pretend they don't know what's going on.

It's so funny, because the birds will move for the car, but not for a bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.