Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This helmet is outstanding. I had an accident a few months back, where I was riding a wheelie at about 95 mph on my R6, and backflipped it going over a hill.

I slid down the road a good 100 yards on my ass, about 10 feet behind my bike. When I got up, I was missing the right leg of my pants, my wallet was scattered across the road, my jacket was hanging on by the left sleeve, my gloves were ripped up (fingers sticking out), and both of my shoes were gone.

My helmet on the other hand, was still sitting snug as a rock on my head, visor and all. When I pulled it off, the only thing wrong with it was that there were some scratches on it, where my head was bouncing around on the pavement.

I came out of the accident with no more than some road-rash on my right leg (scar for life), right arm (healed), lower back (healed), ass (healed), and both feet (scar for life). If I hadn't have had on that helmet, I would probably not be sitting here typing this right now.

A+++++++++ to HJC for making outstanding quality helmets, for a reasonable price. :cheers

Mr. M

·
Registered
409 Posts
dont want to find out how good it is but I have the same helmet and good to know it worked glad to hear your okay

·
Registered
304 Posts
so how does this go.....experience is something you get...right after you need it..............
what doesn't kill ya makes a stronger man, did ya get your bike fixed yet?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the same helmet. I agree, it's inexpensive, but pretty damn good. I have'nt had the chance to fall on my head yet, but i've dropped my LID several times, and it is still intact. Hong Jong Corp rules!! :hammer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Damn that does suck i know hjc is bad ass tho cuz i highsided at 85 and came out with broken collar bone and a scratched helmet after head hit first. :stupic

·
Registered
712 Posts
Damn that sucks but glad to hear that you were alright. I have two helmets; one of them is a kbc vr-1 but my first helmet was a cl-14 that fit pretty good and i still wear it to this day! Glad that you are alright though and came through your experience. :cheers

·
Registered
232 Posts
i own a cl14 too.. pretty nice looking and its comfortable.. too bad it didnt have a 1/2xL since L was too small and XL was quite too big... so sometimes it bounces a bit ( i bought XL )

had a good deal and liked the look so i went for it.. im happy with it

·
Registered
48 Posts
spz said:
i own a cl14 too.. pretty nice looking and its comfortable.. too bad it didnt have a 1/2xL since L was too small and XL was quite too big... so sometimes it bounces a bit ( i bought XL )

had a good deal and liked the look so i went for it.. im happy with it
look here http://www.newenough.com/hjc_cl14_cheekpad_sets_page.htm

different cheek pads might tighten it up for you

Ryan

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
definatly a good reveiw on the helmet, but sorry you had to find out the hard way. My first helmet/passenger helmet now is a cl-12, I hope its somewhere as good as that 14. I was looking at the cl-15, but heard trash about HJC, good to see not everyone thinks that, cause they are very well priced. I went with the Shoei rf-1000 but we'll see what i pick up next. I like the carbon fibre HJC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now you have a good excuse to buy a new helmet! :toocool:

All helmet manufactuers emphasize that a helmet is made for one crash/impact only, even if the helmet suffered no serious crack, they still insist that the helmet should be replaced. :werd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts