Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
Got a HJC Smoke series helmet. Its got 7 vents and even if they are all open, I'm still have problems with fogging when the shield is all the way down. It's not warm outside by any means, like around 40 degrees, so that plays a part too. Any tips to to get rid of this stuff in the cold?
thanks

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Haven't tried it yet, but my dealer told me too just put some of the Rain X anti-fog stuff and it won't hurt the shield.

Can't wait to get the AGV, the visors come with an anti-fog and anti-scratch coating stock.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
First off.........anything below 50 degrees is gonna cause easy fogging.........especially in slower speed travel when your breath is not getting pulled out quick enough.

Just try cracking it open to the first notch......1/4 inch or so, that'll eliminate all fogging. And when you start riding hard and fast, the shield will close by itself and seal, but your breath will be getting sucked out the bottem.

The fogging is from your hot breath on the cool visor....cool the inside of the visor=no fog.
or sererate your breath from the cool visor=no fog.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
They have this stuff it is like a cream they sell it for scuba divers to keep their goggles from fogging I'd try that. I usually just crack my visor though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
DO NOT USE RAINX!!!

my brother used it on his tinted shield and it ended up looking like he rubbed it in gravel!

·
Registered
31 Posts
i had an HJC and it fogged up all the time no matter what the weather was and no matter how many vents were open. it was also very loud inside when i rode...overall it was crap so i bought an arai instead and it was a whole new world! but i tried just cracking the visor of the HJC and it helped a little bit.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
I had an HJC for my first lid.... it fogged when it was cold out but that was expected. I usually just crack the visor one click and ride like that to eliminate any fogging. Like the others have mentioned, there are numerous sprays and things that you can buy to stop the fogging if you want to go that route. In my personal experience though... its not the brand that causes the fogging.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have some anti-fog spray, not rain-x, and used it on my Arai and it never fogs. Used it on the HJC and it got better, but still have to crack the shield.

·
No Fat Chicks
107 Posts
Yep, I hear you on the fogging....I bought some no fog stuff from a dealership....didn't do CRAP...it says it may need "multiple applications".... `it was still crap....gonna return it and ge tmy money back.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
every visor fogs up under a certain temperture. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would take a paper towel, and spit on it as much as you can.

Mind you, you don't want nasty phlegm or anything, just good clean spit. Then wipe that shit all over the inside.

When i was a kid, i would always do that to my swimming goggles and such. Should work, and if it does, i plan on patenting it.

:hammer

·
Registered
146 Posts
two words:

FOG CITY

Shit works like a charm. You can try as hard as you want to make it fog but it won't. It retails for about 16$ but you can get it on ebay for about half the price. There isn't a constant supply on ebay but if you keep checking you'll see them here and there for a good price. Got my first one for 6$ shipped and my second one for 8.50$ shipped

:jump

1 - 15 of 15 Posts