Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday my RPS-10 Patriot from TJ at Riders Discount arrived... and it's just as sick as I knew it would be! Since I had my Five Continents replica autographed I plan to know let it rest on a shelf, so now while needing another helmet - I'm also coming from a top shelf helmet in every sense and I don't just want a piece.
After reading a lot of reviews about the direction HJC is going, I thought they were definitely worth giving a shot - and it doesn't disappoint.

The paint scheme is sick.
The outer shell dimensions are quite a bit smaller than my GP-Tech, for example.
The interior is nice - not quite as fancy in appearance as my GP-Tech but it's very comfortable.
This thing is L I G H T! I believe there are reviews floating around saying that this is one of the lightest helmets on the market right now - if not THE lightest.
While being so light - I was curious to see what the noise was like (I'd read they were surprisingly quiet) and this lid is definitely quieter than my GP-Tech.
It also comes with both a chin spoiler and a breath guard - both are removable.

There are some complaints by reviewers about the "complexity" :)rolleyes:) of the locking mechanism on the shield (you have to pinch it to open, it locks closed) - it takes one more finger to open than any other helmet - if this is too much to accommodate - you're probably in a wheelchair and won't be riding a motorcycle anyway. I like the locking mechanism... and I like the removable fog shield! (the pinlock system)

The bad:

The lower vent doesn't seem to do a whole lot - but neither does my GP-Tech
It kinda hurts to take the helmet off. The opening is pretty snug, not so bad going on, but a little tight coming off. Probably would be easier without the chin spoiler, I haven't decided yet if it stays or not. The chin spoiler is definitely nice in the winter though.

The old saying "you get what you pay for" is something people can take either way - too cheap or too expensive. When I look for a piece of protective equipment that's going to potentially save my life - I get skeptical when it's TOO cheap. If you feel this way - I'll buy the helmet, add $200 to the price and sell it to you. The helmet would still be worth it.

And if you think the $360ish advertised price is cheap - send a PM to platinum vendor RidersDiscount and TJ will give you an early Christmas present.

:toocool:

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
Definately a sick looking helmet.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These pics kinda suck. If RidersDiscount comes through maybe they can drop off some :hump pics

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Looks sweet.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did it come with the smoke screen?
No. But it was the cheapest screen I've ever bought. And including the screen and shipping it was still considerably cheaper than any other price I've seen.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really wanted it too. But I won't pay another $200 JUST for paint on a helmet.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
It's a badass helmet no matter what. We did a write up on them a while back. the weight of them is also amazing. It's one of the very lightest helmets on the market right now coming in lighter then nearly every high end and known helmet.

The Spies models should be out soon :)

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
I really want the now Spies model HJC.....yes I am a fan boy.
you aint B4B. :fact
I've only seen the Spies model for $440!

I was using a rough figure.
It's a badass helmet no matter what. We did a write up on them a while back. the weight of them is also amazing. It's one of the very lightest helmets on the market right now coming in lighter then nearly every high end and known helmet.

The Spies models should be out soon :)

:sing

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
HJC is coming out with some sick looking helmets this year. I wanted to invest in a Shark, but shoot that might just be the next helmet I get.

·
DOC_G on R1-*****
1,110 Posts
I just got my patriot a couple days ago and i love it. BTW If your thinking about getting one hit up TJ (RIDERSDISCOUNT.COM) by far the cheapest i seen.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts